Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk My Wacky Washing Machine

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 21:15:22 )
So I recently moved right up the street from where I used to live, and I now live on the 3rd floor of a condo complex (3 floors per building).

My washing machine somehow seems to have a hair trigger to make the balance go completely off and it'll just thrash about and make it sound like we've got Armageddon or something going on up here. Like right now, I literally just have maybe 8 towels in there washing, and out of nowhere it started doing that thing I just mentioned.

Not sure what to do? Mind you, the complex owns the appliances, so I'll probably end up calling their maintenance team to see if they can do anything about it. But do you guys have any advice or have you dealt with something like this?

I hope we're not disturbing our downstairs neighbors (if we even have any). ;A; I don't wanna come off as a bad neighbor!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 21:17:18 )

I think washing machines just Be Like That sometimes. Mine is, and it's relatively new. Maybe ask your neighbours if it bothers them? (If you're friendly with them, that is.)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 21:24:04 )
@sunny: Yeah I didn't expect it because these appliances look fairly new (though not brand new, but that's fine). And I haven't met any of my neighbors yet. But I might go pop downstairs later to see if anyone lives below us and apologize. Or leave a note if nobody's home. ^^;

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 22:26:54 )
@aisukohi:yeah washing machines are random like that.. like someone's threw a brick in while its spinning.. xD my last one started doing it thats how i knew it was on its way out and to get a new one..

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 22:37:11 )
@Lilmisskushy: I just wish I knew what was causing it. =n= It's a huge pain because it means I can't leave my place while I'm washing something, at least until the issue is resolved. If I remember tomorrow, I'll try to call the office to see if someone can look at it later this week when I'm off.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 00:17:51 )
@aisukohi: yeah i would contact them first thing in the morning and say to them about it .. its their job to get it fixed or replace it

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 06:33:51 )
It must just be the machine itself. Or perhaps the towels were uneven in there so its throwing the internal spinner around? Ours makes that noise if the clothes are super uneven OR if my dad's washing his sneakers lol
returned 6/7

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 08:40:22 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I don't think that's good for the washer

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.