Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Some of the nastiest people...

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 22:49:16 )

... are coming out of the woodworks recently. I have no idea what's going on this weekend but the retail abuse has increased outta nowhere at my job. My coworkers have been having issues and my manager was addressed by a racist man yesterday.
I think I came pretty close to getting assaulted at the cash register today and I'm still aggravated af about it. People never cease to blow my mind wide open sometimes.

I need to stop thinking about it lol
tell me something good that's happening with you guys lately?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 02:06:37 )
Yikes! Tensions might be high but that's no reason to be disrespectful to workers. Sorry things are like that at work!

Something good is that I just returned to the site after being away for a year+! I have a lot to get used to again on here haha.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 02:11:33 )

@timeandtimor:
Yeah I checked on a friend of mine in a neighboring town and its the same there lately. Tensions are real high, but some people are acting straight evil.
Really had to tuck myself in my bed and throw down a bunch of marshmallows and cbd to shake it off after I came home :vanora_sweat:

Welcome back though! This place is my little safe haven on the internet lol always super pleasant

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 02:16:46 )
@Jolly: Oof. I am really grateful I'm not still working in customer service atm. I can't imagine the added stress of this last week + the way people feel emboldened to act out like that. I mean, I've seen videos of customers verbally assaulting employees on the rise this week but I guess I hadn't put two and two together. Marshmallows tho >>>>>

Thanks! I see a lot has changed but it also looks vaguely familiar haha
returned 6/7

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 02:18:28 )

Wow people are so crazy right now. I'm sorry that people are taking their shit out on you. It's not your fault.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 03:18:08 )

@timeandtimor:
Yeah usually my store is fairly tame compared to anywhere else I've worked. But this weekend was a special case lol
I've noticed that my coworkers have been tripping up (on very minor things) more than usual too so I think the stress is overloading them.

I think the items have gotten really creative lately <3 I mean, they were before too, but I've been pretty excited for them now!

@totalanimefan:
Most of the time it doesn't get to me. Today was just something else lol

In lighter news, I installed tiktok for the first time cause I was fidgety. I thought it was just an app for people to try hard at comedy, but there are so many wholesome af clips on there its actually kinda nice to end the day with! I'm surprised

@koneko:
Ohh what kind of plant? It is a worthy highlight imo!

I think I've only mouthed off in public once, but thats cause a waitor was being abusive to my date cause he was a transphobic asshat >>
otherwise yea, when it comes to employees, I usually try to be extra friendly because I know they're often given a slave treatment.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 04:45:28 )

@Jolly: I'm glad you like it. Just be careful because that app has no privacy. It's pretty bad.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 05:40:22 )

@totalanimefan:
Yeah its aight, I'm not sharing anything on it anyway. I don't put my face on the internet outside of fb XD
even fb doesn't have my true name either so im not worried

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 05:49:52 )

@Jolly: Ok good. I also heard that it looks through your phone and sees what other apps you have on it and stuff like that.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 06:01:36 )

@totalanimefan:
Well it can have a blast visiting my animal crossing camp and playing puzzle games! XD
but yeah ill look into that just to be safe. I have my bank app but they also have like, incredibly tight security so might be fine anyway

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 06:14:03 )

@Jolly: Yeah good. Also how was the ramen?

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 08:36:49 )
@Jolly: Honestly why I'm so keen to get out of retail. It brings out the most entitled and rude people I have ever encountered... and used to work with toddlers. Stay strong out there!

Positive note uh... I got an icecream cone today :D
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 17:53:49 )

@totalanimefan:
It was exactly the recipe of my favorite ramen!! Its not a common flavor around here (or in general idk?? I didn't find it anywhere in LA either) so I was pretty excited <3 They got a happy lil review from me lol
looks messy cause I flipped the soup into the bowl

I want more already ;;

@lilykin:
I'm convinced that toddlers have more reasoning than adults do lol
I actually had a thought while at work yesterday where I noticed how adults tend to force children to ask politely for things. Like if they hold up an item for me to scan and the mother will be like "USE YOUR WORDS WHAT DO YOU SAY?"

but then I compared it to the adults and... in an 8 hour shift, not a SINGLE adult used their words but every child, except for one that was grumpy, said please and thank you :vanora_xd: I wish I didn't notice cause it was starting to annoy me so much. adults will just literally shove items in my face without as much of a "here". They don't say anything, they just look at me expectantly. Sometimes they wont even look at me and its kinda weird when I notice that this is normal

Yayy icecream! I got mochi ice cream! lol

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/8 19:06:36 )

@Jolly: awesome. I’m glad you liked it. Ramen is life

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 00:51:36 )
I agree with that. Honestly, this whole year has just been super busy. 1.) Why are you here if you're so afraid and 2.) I'm not getting paid enough to deal with it so I've honestly started snapping back and a lot of my coworkers have been too. It has been like black friday in sales and that's just ridiculous. It's been so frustrating!!!

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 14:39:15 )

Lot of people showing they asses lately. Luckily not so much at my store; the worst I've heard is some "colorful" comments from customers who seem to assume everyone will agree with them. But that's not new, nor are the few rude/grouchy customers I have met. Where it's really shining right now is my Facebook feed, but I just can't seem to stay away. It's like a train wreck.

As for good things happening, uh..... I got two free loaves of rosemary bread yesterday because they were gonna throw em out?

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.