Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Moody's Bat Cave

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 13:11:35 )
=== A wanderer wanders from place to place ===

*sneakily drops a WIP*

Voltie — Majesty Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 13:21:54 )
@ChiffonOrange: that is so cute!
Air guitarr?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 13:24:27 )

@Ayakashi: Thank you :3 And ah well, I was trying to make him look like he's snapping his fingers but I'm like "lmao oh well" haha

Voltie — Majesty Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 13:27:52 )
@ChiffonOrange: I can see the snapping, now that you mention it!

It's hard to make a movement in one picture

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 13:29:25 )

@Ayakashi: That is very true. Unless it's animated which I'm not very good at it.

Voltie — Majesty Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 13:36:35 )
@ChiffonOrange: ah yeah xD using animations is cheating. It's more of a challenge when you only got one frame ;O

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 13:36:59 )
Ayyy that's an awesome WIP!
Love how happy that dude is!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 13:39:21 )

@Keturah: Thank you lol xD And yes, he is.

@Ayakashi: I see. *nods* But why is using animations considered cheating if you don't mind me asking? :o Just curious

Voltie — Majesty Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 13:44:26 )
@ChiffonOrange: well it is easier to make a movement, with a movement.
I do love animations :) used to make a lot of them

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 13:45:40 )

@Ayakashi: I see. That's understandable. :o *nods*

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 16:02:40 )
EDIT WHOA THIS WAS PAGES AGO, OOPS

re: wrist strain:
I have, actually, back in college (also when i was drawing more). I was having a lot of anxiety and I was sleeping all curled up with my wrist bent up against my chin which was really comfy at the time, but super painful in the morning. It'd last days. So, I started sleeping with a brace on so i couldn't bend it that way and over time it healed and I was generally pretty careful to take breaks if the pain got worse.

Don't push yourself too hard!! If you're able, I also personally recommend Aleve/naproxen sodium as it's an anti-inflammatory and helps reduce any swelling. Are you doing any wrist stretches?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 16:37:43 )
@addy:
Damnnn that sucks but OMG I SLEEP LIKE THAT
I woke up with my hand bent at the wrist under my chin and had to put it under a pillow to stop bending it. I didn't wear the brace to bed as I was planning on wearing it most of the day today.
I've iced it twice today and can't SEE any swelling but it feels tight when I use it and pangs even with minimal movement. I haven't done any wrist stretches today as it got quite tight after doing them yesterday so I wasn't sure if it was helping or not!
Is it good to stretch even if it's potentially a strained muscle??

thanks sm for ur advice tho!!! and sucks you had similar experiences :(

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 16:43:29 )
@keturah: i'd be super careful doing stretches if it's already strained, especially if you're getting pangs of pain like that ;-;

i've been mostly fine since that period in college though, but i also draw significantly less now... :vanora_sweat: but i also don't let myself sleep like that anymore and take aleve at the hint of any issues

Donator — Dumbass Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 16:50:25 )
New log entry:

@Keturah:
@Addy:
Oh goodness good to know it can lead to some serious issues, haha. I sleep the same way but now I have a solid reason to try not to.

@ChiffonOrange:
@Ayakashi:
Both have their challenges. True, it's easier to convey motion with, well, motion. However!
With a still drawing you only need to get 1 frame right since it's only a suggestion of movement, while with animation you need to get every frame at least close to right or you'll end up with movement that looks jarring or unnatural. You seem to be able to get away with more in animation i think, since each frame only shows for a split second.

One frame to get exactly right to sell the suggestion of motion VS multiple frames that don't have to be perfect but need to show a great understanding of how things work/move.

Saving log entry...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 17:18:06 )
@addy:
Bless youu!!! Luckily I have a 3 day weekend so hopefully it'll be healed betime I'm back to work!
I'm just annoyed I have a commission I wanna work on xD
I'll probably just take lots of little breaks to be sure I don't over do it!
I'm glad you've not had any issues lately! This is honestly my first one so may just be I slept funny or held it in a single position too long;;;

@Bearnas Tyr
oh no!! you too?!
I'm glad you've been doing better with it lately! At least now I have the pain I'm a bit more aware of how I hold my hands when working;;

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 17:22:52 )
@bearnas tyr: it's not INHERENTLY bad to sleep that way.. but my wrist was really cramping up. i wore a brace to train myself to stop it lol

@keturah: try to take it easy!! i know there's not a lot to do with the whole quarantine thing but chillaxing and icing it while enjoying some good food should set the memorial day weekend mood a bit :3

and yeah it really could just be a one-off thing, especially if you're really good about stretching and stuff usually.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 18:11:43 )
@addy:
I shouldd......
I have an icepack next to me and keep resting it but I'm working on a drawing CAREFULLYYY
Haha!

Oooo is this weekend for memorial day? Google won't tell me and I'm dumb!
sounds like a good idea though! I won't say not to snacks and rest
xD
( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
art dump ll instagram ll twitter

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 18:19:33 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Wip of my Siren piece.
She is still in her ugly stage. :vanora_sweat:
Not really set with her hair either. So probably will change it again lol.

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 19:45:48 )
@keturah: in the US at least, yeah, it's Memorial Day on Monday :o quite likely why you have a three day weekend, unless you just got super lucky with scheduling. (before this job i aaalways worked memorial day lol)

@moodybats: ooh looking good so far!!
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/22 20:07:11 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Addy: Thank you.
I've barely touched it since it's been tricky to sit at my desk and make art
with highly uncomfortable chair lol.
I can't sit still at it. :vanora_sweat:

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.