Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Y'ALL I AM LOSING MY MIND

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 16:23:45 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight

I'm not a fan of the twilight series 'blinks'.. its..well the movies turned me off and i haven't tried the books because im not to interested in 'Bellas' point of veiw. she's..dull. but that's just me i respect anyone who found enjoyment in that series and wish you a congrats.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 16:48:14 )

I keep seeing people say this series is bad and even though I read the books and watched the movies, I literally forgot like 98% of it. I'm kind of tempted to reread them to judge for myself, but at the same time I'm struggling to even get myself to read things in general, so I'm not sure how likely that is.
My older sister is excited about the upcoming book, though, so if she gets it I'll probably give it a go.

pls don't

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/5 18:18:03 )
    @Amber Lynne: Yes, yes.
    Though I've long since stopped feeling guilty about it. lol
    I fully embrace the things I like.
    It's my dumpster and I'll fill it with whatever I want. XD

@eyry: My thoughts exactly.

@Shadami: I mean, it's a good book if you can get past all the glaring faults. lol

@Keturah: Haha, I do enjoy my Twilight. lol
    It helps me out, when I'm in a funk I go "hmm, I should read Twilight" and all is well again.
    I'm just glad to be getting Midnight Sun at all.
    I read the leaked chapters a few times and I honestly LOVE it.
    Edward's perspective is a nice, fresh take on it all and his inner thought processes are hilarious at times.
    Like at the point where he realized he was in love with Bella my favorite line comes into play.
    It's not spoken, he just think "and by the way, I'm wretchedly in love with you" and I'm just like 'oh my god, the DRAMA of that sentence alone.
    Edward 'Drama Queen' Cullen everybody. xD

@Apollo Im Burning: My general opinion is always that the books are better than the movies, but in this case i honestly think the movies are just... Awful.
    The books are my friends, I will read them forever.
    And I feel your general funkiness at reading.
    Currently trying to push myself through The Hunger Games again, which is annoying because THG is another one of my top favorite book series'.
    But now with all this I'm like "I WANNA READ TWILIGHT AGAIN" even though I literally already read it in February. :vanora_sweat:

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 08:26:51 )
Lordt that book was a culture reset. I went and saw the Twilight movie FOUR TIMES.
If only I was more into books these days, I'd give it a go.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/6 14:40:41 )
haha I looked up the date of the first book to see if you were just making the HP reference
but it is actually 12 years too xD

perfect

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/7 05:06:13 )
    @Kreatura: Four times?
    Omg, you are W I L D
    lmao

@eyry: Call that a fandom crossover. lmao

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/7 05:59:36 )
@anarchist beauty: It is honestly something I take pride in so HARD.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/7 06:02:06 )
    @Kreatura: HELL YEA
    OWN UR PRIDE
    I've read the books like... A ton.
    I don't even have a number.
    I lost focus on counting after like 10.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/7 06:03:14 )
@anarchist beauty: Youre making me want to read the first one again.
I just bought a book though so I gotta get through that one first.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 16:39:39 )
I'm honestly really happy for her. While I'm not keen on the idea of her rewriting the same book literally three times, as a writer myself I understand how she felt when someone leaked her draft, and then when "50 Shades" came out it also dampened her spirits. I've had people plagiarize my work and translate it into other languages without my permission, and take my stories and edit them to suit their fancy, and it sucks. So, even if I would have rather seen something new from her, I'm glad she's finally going to be able to publish that story and put it behind her for good.

I'm just reading the "Twilight" books for the first time. I always did like the movies. I'm going to check out "Midnight Sun." If you're a huge fan, I recommend looking for some special editions from book crates when it's nearing release time. Places like Owl Crate often do their own special dust jacket cover art or spray-painted edging, and their books are signed. I've used Fairy Loot, Beacon Box, and a few others as well.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.