Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Never thought this would happen to me

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 23:41:18 )
This is unrelated to the pandemic but is impacted by it.

So I'm staying w my parents. One night about 2 weeks ago, as I was preparing to go to sleep, i hear this freaking crash/explosion/glass shattering sound that just. kept. going. I thought someone had broken in through our (rickety ass) sliding glass door to the backyard... So I run downstairs screaming hoping my war cry will at least spook the intruder. In the darkness & cloud of dust, I see the glowing eyes of A Freaking CAR in our entry way. LUL

I was like wtf and called 911 (thank god for emergency crew tbh).

Turns out it was the neighbour. They were trying to park their 101st car on their tiny strip of lawn and somehow ended up In. Our. House. !!! Ofc the police determined it was 100% their fault so their insurance will cover all they can and our home insurance will pick up the rest. Luckily, no one was hurt too so... Thanks the heavens for that?

But I've truly experienced my uselessness in an emergency sitch. Since then, I've been freaked out by every single noise. And there are a lot of new noises. We still have no front wall because we're waiting for a building permit. It's boarded up but the draft makes the house creak in strange ways. We are using the side door now and it's super loud. The entire house shakes every time it closes and for my life I can't figure out why. It honestly freaks me out...

I know it was an accident, but I still can't help think our neighbours r bums (our relationship wasn't that great to begin with). >.> Plus the week after (last week or so), they had people come over for some kinda gathering. Like. Our city's under lock down and we have no front door so we can hear everything. Can you plz relax for a bit.

So yeah. That happened.

Forgot to mention, we're lucky the front wall wasn't weight bearing so the house didn't go down. Then we'da been really screwed. Lel. Now we can stay home and away from hotels/possible virus breedingrounds. Classic example of "this crazy thing happened, it was medium disastrous".

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/19 23:50:46 )
=== A wanderer wanders from place to place ===

Oh dear

I'm really sorry that you and your parents had to go through this and it's a good thing that no one got hurt at all.

From what you describe your neighbours, all I can think of how reckless and dumb they are as they could've hurt someone for not being careful. Smh

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 00:01:44 )
@ChiffonOrange: Ha. thanks.
Tbh I didn't even know what my neighbours looked like until this incident. Might be because I've been away for the past few years but they've been next door to us for the last 10, and I'm acquainted with many of our other neighbours, even ones who haven't lived here as long, so idk what's going on.

Trying not to resent them. ¯\_༼ ಥ ‿ ಥ ༽_/¯

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 00:10:49 )

@Eruca: Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry that happened to you and what a shitty time for it to when.
You probably have PTSD from the accident, and that's why noises are bothering you so much.
Whenever you feel stressed out about a noise tap your left hand on your left thigh and then your right hand on your right thigh one at a time in an every other pattern. Just let your body and mind and think and feel what is happening.
This is a technique that I learned in therapy for triggers. It helps stimulate both sides of your brain instead of just the part that is causing you to be worried.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 00:24:25 )
@Totalanimefan: Thank you for the suggestion (and sympathy lol i need it).
Following my impulse to go check out the noise helps with the worrying, it probably does the same thing in my brain as tapping my legs. It's just kind of annoying that I have to get up and leave while I'm in the middle of work/trying to sleep, so maybe tapping will work better for me. I'll try it next time (provided i can remember lol).

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 00:39:51 )

@Eruca: Goodness, I'm glad no one was hurt! They sound like they're crappy neighbors to begin with.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 00:51:33 )

@Eruca: I hope that it works for you. It really has helped me in the past! (For a different PTSD)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 01:02:37 )
=== A wanderer wanders from place to place ===

@Eruca: I see. And it's alright. *sending you a bunch of virtual hugs*

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 01:14:43 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

After expecting an intruder and getting an idiot neighbor in their car, I don't think too many wouldn't be rattled by any new sound after, holy shit o.e

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 01:41:54 )
@DevilkinBoi: thanks for saying that! Makes me feel like I'm not crazy for disliking them in the first place...

@Bioshock: Definitely! I looked it up online after and it turns out this kind of accident is kinda common. A couple make it into the news every year. And in fact, a week later a more severe case of car in house happened a couple of blocks down... It's an exasperating statistic.

@ChiffonOrange: thank you. ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ

@Kitalpha Hart: Thanks for your kind words. It's validating to hear that because I felt like a mentally weak person for a while after. Lol

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 02:10:57 )

@Eruca: Nah, you're not. -pats-

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 02:11:53 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Eruca: mentally shaken, yes. Mentally weak, no

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 02:21:37 )

Oh sweet jesus! I'm so glad that you all are safe! How on earth could they mess up a parking job that badly?
I hear this happens SO MUCH though. People driving into houses. It just happened a few months ago to a mutual friend of mine, not too far from where I live. But he lives on a corner, I hear that's most common to get hit..

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 03:47:51 )
Holy moly that's scary. I hope they can fix your home up lickity split.
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 05:43:05 )
@eruca: oh my goodness that is shocking :/ im so sorry this has happened.. im glad that you and you're family didn't get hurt..
I do love that you ran down the stairs doing a war cry and were ready to take on any intruders that is so awesome and bad ass xD
I hope it won't take long for them to come and fix you're front wall ..

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 06:32:29 )
@Totalanimefan: Ah, wisdom from experience!

@DevilkinBoi: thanks.

@Kitalpha Hart: Yes, that is a better word for it.

@Jolly: yeah... Our house isn't positioned in a very risky spot at all, it was so unbelievable & outrageous. But cars apparently collide into houses a lot, especially at corners and T-intersections, I hear. I hope your friend is unhurt and recovering well from the event.

@Lilykin: we have to wait for our building permit to be approved first. haha ;;;; Hoping for the best.

@LilMissKushy: Thank you for your well wishes~ Tbh, I was just scared, but let's focus on my badassery. lol

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 06:38:14 )

@Eruca: -hugs-
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 08:42:31 )

@Eruca: I hope you feel better soon <3

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 15:29:59 )
@DevilkinBoi: (⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃
@Totalanimefan: thanks! Getting there. I'll be so relieved when it's all settled.

Everyone's responses are so supportive here, I'm so grateful! ❤ Idk what else I was expecting tbh, lol. It's not like dealing with my parents. Lol but that's a different can of worms. i just felt like I needed to talk about it and it surprised me how much all of what you guys said means to me.
Ping me

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/05/20 15:57:05 )

@eruca:
Yeah, its why I'll probably never live on a corner. But everyone has that chance I guess.
Last I heard he was doing fine. He's my ex's friend so I don't know any updates from it, but I remember seeing a photo of one of those large pickup trucks being inside his bedroom. Luckily he wasn't home when it happened, but I think it crushed his PC.

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.