Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Fae's Doodles

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 01:06:56 )

@Hadassah: Y halo thar. A familiar face! Thanks for the delicious compliments. Yeah I uh. I actually like doing horror/body morphy art and monsters and stuff. It's just not what I usually show people so it's kind of a secret, but accidental rather than intentional.

I don't feel very confident in my attempts (mostly I didn't feel my naturally cute style suited my attempts at not so cute subject matter), so I used to keep them to myself, but I'm making an active effort to improve my self-esteem re: my art. I guess it's especially jarring for people used to seeing my purely cutesy art, hahaha.

@Totalanimefan: Thank you, I'm glad to hear your friend is alright. It's important to do lots of research whenever you alter your diet (and even if you don't, it's good to know what's good for you). But that's a lot of work, so most people don't bother.

Research is hard. That's why I let other people do it. x)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 01:12:30 )

@Faewild: Yeah it can be. When did you start Keto?

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 01:21:20 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm not strictly on the diet yet. We're reducing my carb intake at the moment, helping me crave the stuff from the keto diet more without having me go crazy from sudden changes.

I don't handle change well. I'm also a picky eater (VERY taste/texture sensitive + many allergies). So we've gradually been adjusting my diet for the past couple months. It's been going well so far! I really do feel a lot better, relatively speaking.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 03:16:55 )

@Faewild: Oh that's good. What allergies do you have?

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 03:23:51 )

@Totalanimefan: I can't eat fish, for one. Shellfish or normal fish. Red, white. Doesn't matter, I get sick all the same. Even the smell makes me dizzy. I'm lactose intolerant, and get stomach troubles if I ingest eggs or honey. I also physically cannot stand the taste/texture of raw or large chunks of tomatoes, asparagus, brussel sprouts, bell peppers, zucchini... Honestly, the list could go on if I included everything that triggered a texture or taste response.

By which I mean, physically gagging and/or spitting out the food on reflex, not just wrinkling my nose and going "bleh". If I force myself to eat something with a taste/texture trigger I'll get violently ill. It's very unpleasant.

I have a delicate sense of smell which makes sneaking food past me very difficult as well. Growing up, my mother would try to sneak foods into my meals to get me 'used to it', and even if it was the tiniest amount I'd always get sick.

Like the Princess and the Pea, but... With food.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 03:27:09 )

@Faewild: I'm also lactose intolerant. I feel you. I really love Oatmilk. Maybe try that? Although that's not Keto so never mind XD
There is a pill that I can take to have lactose. Have you ever tried Lactaid?

Also I can't eat Onions. I'm intolerant to them so they make me sick.

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 03:55:40 )

@Totalanimefan: Right now I kind of uh. Drink milk anyway? Hehehe. I just measure the amount so it has minimal impact, and my SO keeps an eye on me.

Really, my life is a lot easier and healthier with him to keep an eye on things. <3 I'm really grateful.

Intolerant of onions definitely sucks, they're delicious. I can't eat them when they're raw/crunchy, but I love the taste when added to meat or salads.

I haven't tried lactaid at all. Is it a drink or a pill? My pickiness makes it tough to try new foods. I do have some tablets I can take for emergencies but... To be honest, I've never run across a dairy emergency? x)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 04:31:53 )

@Faewild: yeah onions are in everything too.
Chinese food? Onions. Curry? Onions. Pasta sauce? Onions. T_T

It's a pill. I believe they do make a drink too. That one I don't like as much because if you heat up the milk it doesn't really do it's job anymore. I just have one pill with the first bite of food (that has dairy in it). I've had a dairy emergency before. Not a fan.

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 06:35:46 )

@Totalanimefan: Okay this is completely off topic but is your current avatar a cosplay of Helga from Atlantis?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 06:51:38 )

@Faewild: yes you got it exactly right! ^^

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 06:55:49 )

@Totalanimefan: I loved that movie! The art style was so -different-, and the environments and story concept were just so wonderful. I also liked how in the end, what brought the antagonists down was each other. x)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 07:30:40 )

@Faewild: yeah it was different.
I saw this hair and I immediately though of her. So I had to make it

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 08:31:51 )

@Totalanimefan: It's perfect and I love it.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 08:39:04 )

@Faewild: aw thank you so much! It was hard to decide what to do for the pants. And which eyebrows to use.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/21 18:44:31 )
@faewild: I love the whole chibi-horror vibe myself. Something about seeing it all in TV realism makes me cringe and flinch (No thanks Cronenberg, though I respect the craft), but I love reading and admiring art with weird body-alterations and such. Its honestly such a treat to be able to see more of your work in a wholly different genre.

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/22 09:44:14 )

@Hadassah: Thank you, that means a lot to me. I was hesitating before I started sharing it, but I'm really glad now that I went ahead and did it anyway. x) I have a huge fascination with uh... I guess I'd call it Inkmorph? The solid black twisty shapeshifty ooze that's in basically all pictures of my avatar so far, haha. Also eyes, but not hyper-realistic ones. Cartoony eyes coming from a formless black mass are somehow more fascinating (and terrifying) than realistic ones, for some dang reason.

I really don't understand my psyche sometimes.

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/22 10:21:12 )

@Faenoire: Hey look I drew your avatar technically. :)

I also made a new forum blurb thing so I didn't have too many space squids floating around. They're awfully territorial.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/22 14:19:31 )
@faewild: Naw I totally get it. Its like sharing work of any kind is terrifying, so I get it. I do a lot of casual cynical and generally aloof/emotionally distant writing online and for my novel, but a lot of my private stuff for myself is a lot more, hmmm, steamy and emotionally wrought. (I mean, Slink is more an exception than the rule =P but that audience is nearly so small as to be just for myself.) I'm usually writing very "this is fine.jpg" characters because that's where I think I tend to excel in building a narrative.

I love the amorphic ooze-y style and the cutsy contrast is *chef kiss*. I love the reverse shot of the face mask("°o°") in the last panel, very mood.

Have a good day!

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/23 03:30:44 )
"--uh." accurate xD why the heck must ur avatar shed like a dang snake
im basically a senior citizen in his 20's just trying to look cool

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/24 05:42:12 )

@Faenoire: Nekkid.

@Hadassah: That really does mean a lot to me, thank you very much. x)

I haven't drawn much today, Fire Emblem Three Houses owns my soul. I'm such a sucker for good dating sims...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.