Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Fae's Doodles

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 22:21:26 )

@Faewild: Freedom is awesome for an art piece.
But usually I find I, myself, need at least a little bit of direction. If even just a case of 'ehy, can you try for ABC mood?' or whatever.

Also, he looks absolutely badass. ~<3

As for linking to a specific post... yes... you can, but it's a little annoying.
You gotta get the link from the post. For example, if you want to link straight to THIS post, go to your pings and find the post. It should be a link straight to it.
Failing that, go to my post history and find it in there (good luck. Lol. Lots of RP posts!)

We don't have a direct link on each post yet, I don't think.
I think that's a planned thing for the future, but I could be wrong. So don't quote me on that. Lol.

♫Born of graves and left below ♪ Painted ashes, painted snow♫

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 22:28:45 )

Amber Lynne:
I think that's a planned thing for the future, but I could be wrong. So don't quote me on that. Lol.

Heheheh.

In all seriousness, though.

@Amber Lynne: I enjoy the freedom, so long as the person commissioning it knows my uh. Tendencies? I suppose. If they're familiar with my art and want to give me total freedom in design, then it's fine. If it's some random person though, I tend to get nervous and want at least a concept.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 22:39:37 )

@Faewild: Now I'm curious....
what kinda price tag does your work carry?

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 22:50:18 )

@Amber Lynne: It depends. On Voltra I haven't really done a pricing thread or anything because I'm not sure what sort of work I'd be willing to do for digital currency. Usually I offer sketches on forum sites, since they're quick and easy and require little effort to make something that looks nice.

For the full-body commission style I've posted so many of, I generally base on about 15$ an hour (counting time spent actually drawing, and not the time spent faffing about and making myself drinks or getting distracted by podcasts and YouTube). I usually give an estimate of how long it'd take and thus what the cost would be after knowing what the person wants done.

I'm pretty fast when actually working, so like... The commission of Pied Piper and Trickster I just did in full color (with the full size psd file included in case changes need to be made later) ended up being 60$ for the two characters. Full color/inked bust or waist-up portraits usually don't end up more than 10-20$ for example. If it's inking and not coloring, it's even cheaper and faster. Those end up being about 10$ at most for a bust, 15 for a waist-up.

I don't actually like offering full-body color commissions, but this was a special occasion and the gift is for a fan of my comic/art, so I was a bit more lenient. x)

Sketches I usually charge about 5$ for busts/waist-ups, and 10$ for full body, just because I get them done so quickly it feels wrong to charge more. I'm not professionally trained and I don't have the Most Best Desired art style so I don't feel comfortable charging too much for any of my work, but I've been smacked around by artist friends often enough that I know better than to charge too little, either.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 23:10:08 )

@Faewild: So basically... super varied. Lol.
Good to know~<3

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 23:14:38 )

@Amber Lynne: Haha, sorry. It really does depend on what the commissioner wants! The best combination of speed, quality, and cost is usually waist-up line art.

... I could have summed that up so much easier, I'm so sorry. I really did ramble.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 23:19:29 )

@Faewild: Heh.
It's absolutely not a problem!
I *may* come bug you for an art piece in the future.
Assuming I have the spare funds. lol.

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 23:29:53 )

@Amber Lynne: Hahaha! I'll be waiting, then. x) (Sketches are cheapest, just saying!) And maybe if I get some pricing I'll offer them for the currency here?

I also added some free coloring pages to the first post, if you're interested. I make them occasionally and never really have places to share them with people, so I'll probably throw some here from now on.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 23:32:10 )

@Faewild: Well, sketches being cheapest just makes sense. Lol.

If you do ever open a shop here, you'll be sure to ping me, right?
Or if you're looking for a specific item? I... may have and would probably be more than willing to trade that item/s forsome art. XD

Hell, once my contest is done, those items are JUST going to art payment anyway

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 23:37:41 )

@Amber Lynne: If I open a shop you'll definitely be on the pinglist! It's still something I'd have to consider though. x) And make a few current samples for instead of just old commission examples which may or may not be entirely relevant to my style.

Maybe I'll start off with tallchibi sketches, those are always fun.

I've always been the type to collect/hoard items, so item-for-art trades will definitely be welcome.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 23:43:39 )

@Faewild: Totally fair. Just lemme know if/when you ever do ^ ^
And one thing you can do to find out if there's even any interest in your art, is host an auction at some point =)

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 00:33:20 )

@Amber Lynne: ...OH YEAH. Auctions are a thing, huh? Hahaha. Geeze I've been so scatterbrained lately, it's been so long since I did anything on social forums. Hrm, I'll have to peek around and have a looksie at how other people did their thing before I think of doing mine. x)

But I'm definitely interested, mhm. For sure. It seems like fun.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 00:36:48 )

@Faewild: I've seen an action get ... I wanna say up to 3ooK?
I know a friend bowed out at 25oK.
Volts, of course.

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 01:18:19 )

@Amber Lynne: Good gracious that's so much, congrats to your friend! Well, I won't harbor dreams of the triple digits. x) For sketches, I'd be happy if they reached as high as double digits.

I'm working on a Vibrance Day card for the paper hearts event, and having a lot of fun. Pastel colors, pastel colors everywhere!

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 01:24:39 )

@Faewild: Oh, of course.
My point is merely that it COULD get that high. I know of at least one person on this site with over 400k volts.
I have almost 150k
and I can almost guarante that there are a couple of people that would likely leap at the chance for art.

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 01:54:39 )

@Amber Lynne:

Also, why do I feel like you're trying to convince me to open a shop sooner rather than later? x)

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 02:04:16 )

@Faewild: Firstly, that is adorable and awesome~<3

Secondly, nahhhh
That's just where the conversation went. Lol.

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 02:08:38 )

@Amber Lynne: Hehehe. Despite the impression people seem to get from how I type... I do love soft and cute things. Which gets reflected in my art. And then they're surprised when they actually talk to me... Ah, well...

Anyway. Glad you like it. x) That's my entry for the Paper Hearts thing.

Now that it's done, I'll have to draw a bit more tonight to get some samples going for a little mini auction, I think.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 02:11:15 )

@Faewild: Cute and fluffy and soft = win. Lol.

~<3

And ooohhhh
I'mma be stalking you, you know that, right? XD

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/19 02:14:00 )

@Amber Lynne: Yesss. Soft and cute is Justice.

I'm okay with stalking. x) As long as it's good-natured stalking, haha. I'll be posting the samples here first before I summon an auction thread into existence.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.