Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2020 Gotta Love the Lockdown Hangout

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 20:07:43 )
@athabm: Sometimes you just have to take a guess. Even with touching them it can be hard to tell sometimes!

@Tsundererra: Hey you. We're doing ok. The kids are a little restless - they want to get out and do stuff!! How are you?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 20:15:54 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, and I've had really ripe mangoes earlier in March, so I'm okay with occasionally getting less perfect ones

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 20:16:24 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: We’re all feeling restless, though I feel bad for all the kids because they probably miss their friends and doing stuff. How are your kids handling missing all the big end of the year school events? Is your husband working from home now?
I’ve just been chilling at home since my work got put on hold.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 20:43:37 )
@athabm: It's all about balance, right? LOL!

@Tsundererra: Hubby is still going in to work 4x/5 for the week, but he's one of few employees still going in (& he's essential). The kids are seriously restless. Fortunately, the younger one can at least still work with the horses at the stables, which gives him a bit of an outlet while still being safe, but the elder one is feeling that "young adult" push and wants to start his life. He can't yet. And I feel bad for him because they've canceled his graduation, so although he's still graduating, there will be no ceremony. It seems really anti-climatic, especially since he has worked his tail off. He'll be graduating from high school and college (with two associates degrees - an A.A. and an A.S.). I'm just trying to dot the Is and cross the Ts for him now, but am otherwise just hanging out doing mostly fun and interesting things.

What kind of things are you doing?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 22:46:14 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: It’s good your husband is still going to work, and I hope he stays safe! Also, I’m so sorry about your son’s graduation being cancelled. ): I remember you told me about how hard he’s working, and it sucks that something like this has happened. I hope you guys get to hold a mini celebration for him when this whole mess blows over, he deserves it.
Also, it is awesome that you have horses! O: You must live on a big, wide property.

I’ve been chilling for the most part. A couple weeks back, I was helping my cousin at his grocery store, but I backed out when things started getting worse in my state. Now I’ve been cleaning, going on walks, and playing games. My parents live nearby, so I’ve been helping them paint their house since they’ve been stuck at home too.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 22:55:59 )
There's something foul about the air here...

I've been messing around on Voltra, drawing and talking to online friends to keep my mind off of money.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the house that has even a slight chance of earning money right now since my mom was laid off and my siblings are too young, but me getting money relies solely on other people already having enough money to pay me for art and paypal's been a complete jerk lately.

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 00:48:28 )
@Tsundererra: LOL! No, we don't own any horses and our "land" is minimal. But he helps at a local stables (about 1/2 mile away). It's minimal contact other than with the horses, so I'm ok with it. The elder one will definitely have a party at the end of all this - he definitely deserves it!
It sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy - that's good.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 00:56:24 )

@inatlaka: Yes I did c: he's one of my OC's
I've mostly been doing odd things around the house...entertaining the dogs, playing animal crossing...trying to stay sane

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 01:19:16 )

@amakai: You did you beautiful job with the colors
I've spent time reorganizing my home. I finally brought out all my things from storage.
So it's been fun looking through all my stuff. :o

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 02:16:53 )

I wish I could stay home and lounge about.
Would be nice to not have to work still.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 02:20:47 )

At this point I'd like to work...I'm not even a people person but man I miss people that aren't just my mom xD

Just a fangirl living in FFXV hell
Multi-shipper shipping: Ignoct & Gladnoct

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 02:22:08 )

I could do without people for a while.
My emotions are running wild and almost cried at work today.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 02:42:18 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: Hahaha, omg, I was like DANG, WILDFIRE IS RICH TO HAVE HORSES AND STABLES! xD It’s good that he’s keeping busy looking after horses. Being around animals helps to make things feel less stressful.
Has the older one decided on where to go for University? I’m sure he’ll be a strong contender since he’ll have his associates degree along with that diploma. ^^

I feel like I have to keep myself busy or else I’ll go crazy. It really sucks to not be able to go out like I normally would. ): I’m still waiting for my grocery store to get flour and yeast back in stock so I can bake lots of things.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 02:56:27 )
@Tsundererra: lol! I wish we could have that kind of arrangement with horses and land enough for them! The elder is taking some time off. He may or may not go later. No decisions yet

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 02:58:42 )
And yes I understand the frustration of not being able to go out and do the things you normally would. Do you know of the online classes and stuff that are available right now?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 04:13:04 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: Ahhh, I understand why he’d want to take a break. I hope the world is in a better place when/if he does decide to go. ^^

Yes, I saw a few online classes people were talking about on Reddit. I applied for a wellness one on the site coursera, and a knitting one the yarn shop near me does. Have you taken any online classes?

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 07:16:16 )
@Amakai: I understand how you feel on stressing about money, but we will all think up a way to make money, like I have been thinking on for two weeks now, and Finally doing something about it.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 12:41:50 )
@Tsundererra: Yes, I'm taking a couple of them - reacquainting myself with my camera, for one (it has been far too long since I've really been able to play with it!)
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 14:37:33 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger

'pokes head in' hello 'waves'

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 18:40:29 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: Oooh, what kind of camera do you have? I had a Nikon yeeeears ago, but I never properly learned how to use it. What kind of pictures are you planning on taking? ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.