Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Vibrance Day Event 2020 Making Friends and Influencing People

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:02:52 )
Ahahaha. ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_ I don't know how to do either of those things.

Hello everybody, how was your day?

I am brand new here and don't really know how events work. But everyone seems excited, so that's good.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:05:43 )

👀 that animation in your sig is super cool

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:06:05 )

also these events are just collecting the currency by posting + playing jigsaw to get the event items~~

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:07:38 )
@pachi: Thank you! It's my first ever GIF using Clip Studio. Your avatar is also super cool. I love the persistent tricolor scheme.

Ohh, I see! So playing the jigsaw does something? I just thought it was a cute little mini-game. That's very neat, thank you for telling me.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:09:27 )

@Faewild: i still gotta poke at doing animations in clip ooooh

yeah, it was only available in past events but it was brought back for funsies and soon it'll be back to granting currency~

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:15:29 )
@pachi: It was a little awkward getting used to the sequencing and using each layer as still frames to be inserted into the timeline before they even show up as part of the animation. Maybe I should have looked up a tutorial, ahaha... I am a stubborn fool. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I only did simple animations in the past using Adobe Flash, but that was a long time ago. Compared to Flash, Clip Studio is still more user-friendly.

I've just been playing the puzzles because they're cute, but now there's incentive!

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:17:01 )

@Faewild: my dumb ass still struggled with a tutorial so i gave up LOL
    one day when i'm not busy i'll look into it more ~o~

yessss
    there's a daily cap on how much currency you can get @ jigsaw too so there's still incentive to post~

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:20:09 )
I wanna see what we can do with the event currency!! :0 I am r e a d y

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:25:36 )

haha just event shop items |D
    they're coooming~~~

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:27:22 )
@pachi: It took me uh... Several hours to figure out how to do a 34 frame GIF so uh. The only reason I didn't give up is the aforementioned 'stubborn fool' trait, hahaha! I still can't do anything fancy, I've seen some people doing entire movies in Clip Studio and I'm pretty sure they're actually wizards?

Posting is a bit harder because uh. I do not. Know how to make friends. Or talk to people very well really, hahah! But everyone here has seemed very friendly so I gave it a shot with this thread. ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

@Faenoire: Aren't you supposed to be in bed, old man!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:27:23 )

@Faewild: 'ello!
How are you finding the site so far? =)

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:29:33 )
Sleep is for the weak!! (っ`・ω・´) I'm gonna get SO many letters...
im basically a senior citizen in his 20's just trying to look cool

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:31:14 )

@Faewild: i've seen people talk about how the pokemon anime is partially done in clip LOL
    gotta learn their ways... but i'm also not very good at animation _(:3/

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_ heh your cool sig drew me in so it worked

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:34:49 )
@Amber Lynne: Hello there! Everyone I've spoken to has been very friendly. I haven't spoken to a lot because of Nerves™️, so the testing pool is a little small, but it's still producing favorable results! Hehehe. I'm really enjoying the cute avatars, and I'm excited to see where the event goes.

@Faenoire: Hm. You're grounded.

@pachi: Is it really?! If that's true that's both amazing and terrifying. I love Clip Studio, I use it for all my art, but animation is like an entirely different school of magic here. What are the rules and components?! I don't know, I just throw things in a spellcasting circle and hope something makes sparkles.

Also, yesss, good, the sig has inspired! Great success. >:) I hope you'll let me see what you create when it's finished! (Or when it's a WIP, WIPs are good too.)

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:36:02 )
@Faewild: Hey there! :3
Glad to see you! You picked a great time to join! :vreg-celebrate:

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:39:19 )

@Faewild: Honestly, you joined at like... the best time. Events are when the site is liveliest.
You'll have better chances of finding friends to continue chatting with once the event is done =)

And I get the nerves thing. For the first ... motnh? Or so, I didn't post *anywhere*.
I only post now because I eventually learned that we got a really good userbase here.~<3

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:46:08 )
@Kozi: Hello! I sure got lucky with my join time, huh? Also I absolutely adore your outfit.

@Amber Lynne: I barely got clothes on and already there's an event, my timing is really great, hehe. I like how excited everyone seems for the event, it's nice to see so much enthusiasm.

I've been lurking on a couple threads to see what the community here was like in general before I posted anything. Everyone does seem very lovely so far, which is how I got the courage to talk just... Hm... Two days? Three? After I signed up? Hahaha, a new record for sure. It can just be so intimidating starting over somewhere new.

Glad to see you overcame your nerves too! :)

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 05:56:50 )
@Faewild: Aww, thank you! I just got the last things I need to finish it. :3
I change way too often LOLOL
Think of all of the volts and event stuff you're going to get! OOooooo~~~

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 06:08:50 )

@Faewild: It can totally be nervewracking starting a new site! Totally.
But it's not impossible to jump in headfirst if you see the overall average is nice or whatever.
IE, not gaia

And there's a decent chance of you finding a couple friends, at least, during this event~<3

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — They/Them? Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 06:22:50 )
@Kozi: One day I will change often too! I like having a different look for my many incoherent moods. The volts from event chatting will definitely help with that, ehhehe. I wanna be shiny too~.

@Amber Lynne: Oof, Gaia... -Stares into the middle distance.-

Dark days, dark days indeed.

I hope you're right! I do like talking to people. I'm just very out of practice. Hehe.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.