Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Eczema sucks. Share your tips?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 10:41:10 )

Seriously. I've got it on my foot and backside. The latter being INSANELY itchy.
Anyone have any tips and tricks for how to try and alleviate that incessant itch? DX
I've tried a couple of lotions/creams and haven't found anything that really works. If you know of one that has helped for you, share the brand!
Let us other sufferers seek some solace, lol

I considered serious chat for this, but I dunno if it's really that serious a topic

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 10:53:17 )
You can try to hold it as wet as possible until it heals i made it the same way with my neurodermitia lips
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 10:58:46 )

I would normally say ask a dr but they are a little busy atm

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 11:06:57 )

@Miss Sandman: Ohhhh, I'll try that~<3
Thanks!

@Totalanimefan: Lol. Yeahhhh
Getting an appointment atm is NOT easy for non-crucial things.

And even then, dry skin/eczema is super common anyway.
I know like 6 people who are constnatly seeking relief.
So why not share whatever tips people have found actually do work?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 11:09:39 )

@Amber Lynne: lol right.
I thought that rx cream was the only way?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 11:15:33 )

@Totalanimefan: That may be the only way to actually get rid of it completely, but maybe someone does ABC thing that helps alleviate it.
I dunno.

I jus tknow that I have a Gold Bond cream that works on my foot, but not elsewhere. For some reason. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 11:19:48 )

@Amber Lynne: well at least your feet are good.
What about using an oil? (A skin safe one, don’t go using canola or something lol)

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 11:20:40 )

I do suffer from very dry flaky skin but not the same as what you have. I have to really exfoliate and then hydrate my skin like crazy.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 11:23:11 )

@Totalanimefan: I haven't tried any oils. Got a suggestion for one to try?
(The only oil I have, aside from cooking oil, is baby oil for.... reasons. XD)

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 16:27:29 )
obligatory "i don't have eczema, but..." my skin is mega dry and i live in a harsh climate. which doesn't compare to what you're going through so i'm not sure if this will help but i'll offer it anyway!

what kind of body wash do you use? honestly evaluate all your shower products because let's say if you wash your hair with a really harsh shampoo, it ends up on your body when you're rinsing it out and will drag whatever oils are protecting your skin along with it down the drain.

also it's important to moisturize within minutes of getting out of the shower. that's when your skin is the most vulnerable and moisturizing right away can make a huge difference. there are also in-shower moisturizers, lush makes some if you like fancy stuff, but there are plenty of drugstore brands that make them too (and some of the drugstore ones have no fragrances which might be better for eczema? i'm not sure).

hello again

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 16:27:37 )

Do you know what type of eczema it is?
Does it appear with bumps, blisters or dried, cracked or flaky skin?

I ask cause what might work for me, who has dishydrotic eczema, may not work as effectively for you if you have open sores.
Overall it is recommended to use natural, unscented lotions (like without extra chemicals and such) and there are prescribed steroidal lotions, but recommended to try natural methods first.
I found nothing to work on my type until I tried using Working Hands lotion (they have a Working Feet version too, and you can apply it to your back also, they come in a disc shape container that twists open) and when I apply it, I also wrap my hands in self adhesive wrap to trap in the moisture from the lotion. If my blisters ever popped before I could do this, I would make sure to clean them properly before proceeding with the lotion and wraps. For me, doing this and AVOIDING contact with warm or hot water (dries skin out) with my hands, my break outs completely go away.

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 17:36:32 )
I don’t suffer from it, but my son had eczema. The pediatrician prescribed this insanely expensive cream. I don’t even remember the name of it. It was hundreds (I wanna say $600- it was extreme) even with insurance and we could not afford it. We found an alternative at target that really helped treat the symptoms- cortizone-10 for eczema.

I say he HAD eczema because I was confiding in a friend about how nothing was really clearing it up even after we’d gone to a dr and she asked where his eczema was located- legs, back of knees, inside of his little elbows. She said it could be a dairy reaction. We eliminated dairy and it went away. We haven’t had an issue in over a year and we still mostly limit his dairy now.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 22:21:32 )

Kegs is 💯 right. The right shower products make a difference and moisturizing after after is key.
Good oils for skin are Coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, rosehip oil. This brand is good and not expensive. They have other oils too. Now Solutions, Organic Jojoba Oil, Moisturizing Multi-Purpose Oil for Face, Hair and Body, 4 Fl Oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019LTGOU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5UKIEb481EKAJ

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 23:40:28 )
hyaluronic acid

Its super good for moisturizing the skin. i dont have eczema, but I do have Melasma (also known as pregnancy mask. Which is hilarious because im sterile af)

If you can find a good lotion or moisturizer that has hyaluronic acid in it, I recommend buying it. I just recently had my sister's bf start using it cause he has psoriasis behind his ears and its made a huge difference

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/5 23:43:31 )
I should also add that hyaluronic acid is 100% safe, no alcohol, nothing.

It works by trapping the moisture into your skin without being irritating, so its helping your body retain your own natural oils and stuff

Non binary | Pansexual | Taken
02/06/20

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 01:57:24 )
I have several kinds of eczema... Depending on what kind depends on what you'll want to do.
Use mild body soaps and gentle laundry soaps. (I use Ivory and Purex since they've been the only ones not to cause flare-ups for me.)
The only lotion I've found to help me is a "Creamy Baby Oil- Angel of Mine" (Angel of Mine is the brand name)
It's really cheap and sold at dollar tree and it works better then the RX my doctor had prescribed.
I tend to order in bulk and just spend the extra to ship it to my home. XD
If you have dead skin build-up on your feet because of your eczema, I suggest doing a foot soak.
1 cup Listerine, 1 cup Vinegar, with 2 cups warm water.
You can double it if needed but soak for about 15 minutes, the dead skin will come off easier. (You can use one of the pumice stones too)
I suggest using the amber-colored Listerine cause the green and blue colored ones can stain your skin for a while.
You can also take daily vitamins/supplements or even allergy pills to help decrease flare-ups as some can be caused by histamines or essentials that might be missing in your diet. Many have luck with quercetin, multivitamins, or vitamin D3, I suggest checking out the National Eczema Association website. They have lots more info that might help you. And I do suggest talking to your doctor before starting any kind of supplement or vitamin.
Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.