Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — She Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 02:59:38 )
Anyone want to talk about doll stuff? Included in this topic is SL avatar updates, 'Skyrim' mods, sewing, crocheting, paper dolls, KofK knuffel, avatar dressups, Kissakae paper doll system (the old one, not that new thing that's all over, though if you can keep the dolls nice, we can talk about that too!), Build a Bear prizes, BJD, plushies, the great armour/steed/skill you just got your MMO or RPG character, your new table top character or your old one, or your favourite story RP character!

Just keep everything pg.

Voltie — She Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 03:03:07 )
Yeah, as you probably guess from up there, I'm a doll nut, and my definition of "doll" is broad. It's basically any figure you can play with, or any character you can write about. I'm not a collector except when it comes to the old Kissakae set system dolls (I like the pretty ones that are modest and have nice mixable wardrobes), and wild knuffel from KofK (um... well over fifty of those now). All the other dolls I own get played with, gather dust, have been modified, and are generally not worth a *beep*! :D Except to me.

I also make braided dolls of yarn as comfort/fidget dolls or travel dolls for adults. And I just brought a BaB home who is slightly embarrassing to my still faintly tomboy self. :vanora_sweat:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 03:10:49 )

I grey up with barbies which I like but I really want a pullip doll. But they are so expensive.

Voltie — Potato Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 19:14:40 )
I want a popovy bjd. They look amazing and so pretty they are fully customizable from the face to hair skin clothes everything :vanora_icon:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/21 19:50:59 )

I collect dolls, lazily! I don't go out of my way for them, but have a bjd and a handful of Disney, monster high, etc style ones.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie — She Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 01:33:37 )
@vengeance: Have you seen some of the dolls that are similar to Pullip? Is it a certain Pullip that you like best? Have you considered a mini? ...I have to confess, I've never managed to love poor barbie. Even at forty, I give her haircuts.

@creeped: The Popovy dolls are too naked for me, personally. But such a lot of work goes into them that that in itself is fascinating.. There was another artist making china BJD before them, and I remember she was really popular too, with a long waiting list just to get on the waiting list! Personally, BJD wise, I have three Obitsus, which I love. Two are fashion doll size, and one's an ancient 60cm who I love despite her being outside my usual size range. I've also got a blue Bobobbie Lu, but she's packed away in her box in my trunk.

@slytherclaw: What is your BJD? Which Disney and MH? I don't have those in my own family, but friends have 'em, so I know about 'em. LOL

Donator — she, her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/22 06:36:17 )
There was a hot minute when I collected Monster High Dolls. I then fell in love withI Cherise Hood from Happily Every After, and have most of her dolls but the super rare one that I can't fathom purchasing.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie — She Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/23 03:45:50 )
@lithium: Cerise is a really cool character. I think if the dolls had looked more like how she's described in the books I would have gotten one too. I have a friend who wishes she could get that one with the fur cloak.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham.

Avatar wears purple, because I'm a princess.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.