Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Great, Class Reunion In The Summer

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:10:57 )
Which I plan not to attend. High school isn't a time I look back on fondly. Besides the usual high school drama, there was a lot happening family wise and it's not something I like to look back on. I also have no remaining friends from my class(my main friend group attended the same school, but they're all grades below me). Already said can't go and no one can change my mind. I'd much rather be at home with a good book rather than act all nice and smiley to people who made me miserable in different ways.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:12:14 )

I can totaly feel that. I would not attend either.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:13:29 )
@vengeance: And they're asking for $65-70 for attendance. How about no, when I can use that money to spoil myself?

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:14:38 )

It is what it is. Some people do have fond memories there, so that's who it's for. I didn't go to mine because my graduating class was like 1,200 people and I didn't know most of them? But yeah, it's not something you HAVE to go to.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:19:24 )
@Priestess of Pie: Then let the ones with fond memories reminisce and enjoy themselves. I know I wouldn't enjoy myself there and I'm trying to change my bad habit of going to things just because of duty or "YOU HAVE TO GO!".

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:25:37 )

@LordLucre: Yeh better use that money to spoil yourself.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:28:54 )
@vengeance: Like a new game, a book or maybe just some good old fashioned food.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:29:32 )

@LordLucre: Is someone actively harassing you about it? You sound pretty sure of what you want so try not to let other people get under your skin. I'm sure they mean well, they just have a different perspective. That being said they really should back off. (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:31:00 )
@Priestess of Pie: Just some of them being all "Let's reconnect!" or trying to befriend me on Facebook. I've been clear about it, but they keep insisting. It's annoying.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:34:17 )

@LordLucre: Games and books are always good.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:36:47 )
@vengeance: I did get a ton of new ones recently, but I'm a book wyrm. I always need more.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 17:23:10 )

@LordLucre: I just bought 2 more games XD

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 17:26:48 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I'll probably find out about any we have ten years after the fact lmao
I wasn't close with any of my classmates, and the one I was close to I had to ditch because she was a bad person. Turned out a lot like her dad in a twist of irony

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 17:30:42 )
@vengeance: xD Must be a big collection by now.

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 17:42:23 )

I wouldn't say I had a bad high school experience, at least not compared to many people.
But once I graduated, I couldn't wait to get away from them all. I guess I didn't like the idea that these
people saw me grow through all of my changes, and I didn't want them to think they knew me?
Like, they might have seen what image I wanted to project in high school, but I didn't want them to get all
high and mighty and think they knew me for who I really was. Once I graduated, I moved away to a different state
for a couple of years before coming back, and now I live in a different town. Abandoned all of my old social media,
and if any of my old classmates find me, I just don't add them or let them look into my life.

I hate places like Facebook for letting people have access to my life. You don't get the right just because we went
to the same school for a few years. I didn't want to be involved with them then, and I certainly don't now.

My coworker and I were talking recently about high school reunions, and she said that she would go just to see
how people who thought they were top dog then are bums now. I wouldn't even find satisfaction in it, you know?
I'd rather they all thought I disappeared and died under mysterious circumstances than think they know who I am now.

Uhh.../end rant.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 19:06:17 )

@LordLucre: I have over a 100 games in my steam libary XD

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 19:12:24 )
@Booderdooder: Yeah, some people get the idea that they know you when they actually don't. Some have changed, but not necessarily for the better.

@vengeance: x'D Go for 200 next?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 20:00:26 )

@LordLucre: With everything on my wishlist definitly XD
Correction: Steam says I have 99 games.

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 20:28:35 )
It's my ten-year reunion as well, but nobody's even started organizing one so I doubt it'll happen lmao
I'll probably just head home for a bit and go out drinking with some old friends

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 21:14:23 )
@vengeance: 1 more!
Lucifer's Pet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.