Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat help! which wheels?

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 20:28:36 )

with spring around the corner, it has finally come time for me to buy new wheels. my current ones have winter tires on, are curb rashed to high heavens (not my fault, probably) and will be delegated to the back corner of the garage until next winter rears its ugly snow-covered head.

this is my baby beast with its stock (now winter) wheels. they're more of a charcoal, not quite black:

so i was thinking of getting black wheels, but guys... I COULD GO BRONZE! if i do go bronze i can definitely change out those chrome fender emblems for these black ones so it doesn't clash.

here's the bronze set i was looking at:

and here's the black set i was looking at:

give me your opinions! i've never bought wheels before and am not much of an artistic visionary. would bronze work?

edit: an attempt has been made to edit another image to show the color? i think it's close enough

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 20:31:31 )

@kegs: first off you have such a cute car! I don’t know anything about cars but I do like the bronze rims. I wonder how they would loook. I feel like they pop more than black. And tires will always be black, do you need black on black?

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 20:45:18 )

@Bonnie: i have no idea how they'll look! not many people seem to put bronze rims on red WRXs so i can't find pics for reference. i did find a good reference pic with gold wheels so maybe i can edit it to color match the wheels i'm looking at

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 22:18:48 )

@kegs: ooh if you do, let us know how the look!

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 22:26:16 )

@Bonnie: i edited it into the first post, take a look and let me know what you think

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 22:28:24 )

@kegs: the bronze looks super cool... but I feel like it would clash with that bright red :/ so I vote black! It'll still be pretty different and cooler than most cars!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 22:37:45 )

@kegs: I love that! I don’t mind the clash of the colors.

bloop

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 22:40:14 )

Black because bronze with red is to much of a colour clash.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 22:56:09 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

I really really like the black! I just think black and red is always a good color combo <3

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 23:23:02 )
@kegs: damn, dude. The WRX is hellaaa nice in that color lol, what year is that?

My vote's on black, think it'd look super slick 👌

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/29 23:44:57 )

ty for the votes guys!

@McMoney: thanks! it's lightning red. subaru has only used this color on the wrx in 2 model years. mine is a 2015, but they also used it in 2008. now they use "pure red" which seems to have more of a magenta base. i absolutely love it to death.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 00:51:35 )

At first I would have said black but after looking at the pic, I like both colors.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 01:31:25 )

Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. I don't think the bronze looks BAD but I definitely prefer the black. But I'm boring and not fun. If you want people to look at your wheels get the bronze ones.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 17:25:57 )
@kegs: Knew it looked a little newer for the Subaru. Didn't think I was into their cars buuuut 👀 damn, this one's pretty nice lol

Had no idea about the paint bases. That's awesome you managed to snag up one with this (hella nice) red!

Have fun with the new rims, bud. Take a nice, slow cruise for me lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 18:52:33 )
What a pretty Subaru omgggg. I had to go car shopping last year and looked at Subies for three minutes before realizing how damn expensive they are, ugh. But I also don't live in the northeast anymore, so I landed on a 2019 Civic instead lol.

My vote goes for black though! Black and red are good for sports cars, imo, it looks super sexy.

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 19:01:21 )
@kegs: Okay, first I thought you meant buy a whole new car because it's spring and I was sitting here like, "I wish I could have this first world problem."

Secondly, I have to say black.

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 19:15:11 )
@McMoney: thanks, i sure will!

@Runner Available: they just can't be beat in the northeast. such a well-rounded car. amazing AWD system, and a little power to the ground during the warm months. but yeah you'll pay for 'em up front. at least they hold their value. nothing wrong with civics as long as it does what you need/want it to do!

@Gatorlec: LMAO. i'm trying to quit with the huge impulse purchases ;) this car was an impulse buy but i still love it 5 years later so i guess that's not so bad.

hello again

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 19:15:21 )
@kegs: Another vote the black ones. They look better with the red, to me. ^^b

Those bronze ones would look like a sickkkk wood elf car if your car were bottle green, though. XD #nerd

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 19:44:58 )
@kegs: Yep!! I live in NC now but grew up in CT, had a Subie the whole time I lived up north. :) Both Subies I owned were early 00's shitboxes, so I really didn't have a reason to call out of work LOL.

I do love my Civic though, but yeah. I'm sure the WRX will serve you very well, she's absolutely gorgeoussss. I love that bright red color, I kind of wanted my Civic in neon red, but family talked me down because "red cars get pulled over the most" (I looked it up, white cars actually get pulled over the most), so I'm a little jealous but mostly starry eyed at your beast.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.