Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Subscriptions...

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 23:50:12 )
Do you have any subscriptions to anything? Beauty box subscriptions, snacks and candies from foreign places, MMO subscriptions?
Are there any subscriptions that you would recommend to other people?

I'm subscribed to a makeup/beauty box called Petit Vour. I've been trying to use only cruelty-free makeup brands, but it's
difficult for me to find products I like because my skin is too acne-prone for new skincare, and I tend to pick out the same makeup from the
same brands all the time. The beauty box is for cruelty-free brands, so I don't really have to research every single brand they send me.
I like the surprise every month, too, and there's been a handful of products I got that I actually really like.

I've seen a subscription box or two for mystery games? My boyfriend and I love escape rooms, and we found a monthly subscription box
that contains a murder mystery and all the clues needed to solve it, along with online interactive elements. We haven't tried one, yet, but
we're both interested in giving one a try. Anyone else subscribed to something like this?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 23:51:53 )

I only have digital subscriptions. I pay for spotify and freepik.

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/24 23:59:28 )
@vengeance: I was lucky enough to have two of my friends get a Spotify premium family plan,
so they just added me to theirs and I get premium for free. Never heard of freepik, though. What is that?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 00:14:27 )

@Booderdooder: Freepik is a site for graphics resources. I pay so I also have acces to the premium resources.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 00:28:54 )
I want to subscribe to PlantYou so I can get meal plan stuff and special recipes since they're really really easy and I'm a lazy cheap cuck :P but don't have the ability myself at this point in time

I have Netflix and Hulu, but my house gets other physical ones since my mom is subscribed to Billie (monthly female razor subscription, we get them so often we're not even done with the ones from two months ago!) and Birchbox (some makeup thing? I don't wear makeup but my mom likes it)

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 00:36:13 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Not exactly what you're asking about, but I have one with Hulu. No ads. Live TV is too much of a hassle with our internet so we don't have that version
Debating on a Nintendo Online one, if only to play Minecraft with others

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 00:38:10 )
@Kitalpha Hart: I got a Nintendo Online subscription for Pokemon Shield so that I could trade, and I will most likely
be using it to play with my friends when the new Animal Crossing comes out. It isn't too expensive for a year. I'd recommend it.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 00:51:13 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Booderdooder: OH YEAH THAT TOO have it on preorder
I wonder how our internet will handle it tho, it isn't the best out there, but all we can get

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 00:54:32 )
@Kitalpha Hart: I live in the middle of nowhere, myself, but our internet is pretty good.
My boyfriend doesn't get internet at all where he's at, but my Switch doesn't have any issue connecting to his dinky cellular hot spot.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 01:31:24 )

I used to have Sephora play. It's not bad. I liked the skincare samples.
I pay for Hulu, Disney+, and Crunchyroll.
I also have Nintendo Online.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 01:43:29 )
I have Netflix, Funimation, prime video (mooched off of my mother lol), and curiosity stream (which is cheap af for a streaming service and it's all documentaries). And we have CBS all access with ads.
I also have Billie. I love their razors and I don't shave that often so I always have a ton of extra razors just in case. 9 bucks every 3 months for 5 good razors.
I have quip. It's an electric toothbrush that's sends a new battery and new brush head every few months. I've only had it for a couple months but it's my favorite toothbrush ever.
I've tried ipsy and Birchbox and they were okay. Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood in HP) has a cruelty free beauty box I've been wanting to try. It's called kinder beauty.

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 05:46:03 )

I think the only subscription I have at the moment is a Nintendo Switch Online subscription~

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 11:37:35 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Booderdooder: I know it's different, but when it got X/X2, the latter is a code to download (ugh) and it took three days. Two and a half plus a half where I didn't realize my Switch wasn't plugged in so it died and so the whole thing had to start over
I know ACNL our old one could handle, but I can't remember if that was the slightly better one that used a service that company shut down or our current one. Plus, 3DS versus Switch

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 13:39:40 )

oh god, i have so many. the usual - spotify, amazon prime, some weather app on my phone that gives super detailed reports, netflix, hulu, things like that.

dollarshaveclub. i also use hellofresh and have a metric f-tonne of free meal coupons if anyone wants one lol.

hello again

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 15:17:15 )

Hrm I have a subscription with Rooster Teeth, Photoshop, Minecraft (For a Realm), and I think that's about it. My family though has a subscription with Netflix.

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 17:02:34 )
I'm subscribed to the the witches box and the witches book, Adobe creative cloud, Spotify and Hulu. I've heard good things about Birchbox, I don't know if they're cruelty free tho. I've also done a few clothing boxes. I don't really recommend those, however, as they tend to be really pricey. Not to get, but to buy the clothing. I enjoyed Hellofresh when I tried it.

The Witches Box/ The Witches Book - If you're into this kind of thing and want to grow your knowledge base, I ABSOLUTELY recommend the book box. The book box is like joining a book club. You read, learn and discuss with others. The other box is really good if you're looking to expand your altar resources. A lot of my herbs came from there since it's harder for me to come by most where I live.

Adobe Creative Cloud - Protip: If you need this, subscribe on cyber money or black friday for a good deal. I pay $30 for the entire cloud.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.