Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops PWYW - - - tomodachis

Voltie — vampire Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 08:08:31 )

@Another Movie Addict: I can do furries!! haha, I'm just not that skilled at them is all since it's my animal anatomy is super limited LOL so it might look either weird or really realistic bc I can't get it inbetween...hahaha

Voltie — vampire Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 08:08:57 )

@Totalanimefan: it's better since I can just hook my laptop to the tv..hehe

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 08:28:00 )

@VISU: free is the best price to pay.

Voltie — Garbage Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 09:27:27 )
UwU~ *nuzzles you*

Hihi! Your art's super pretty, I love it~ :D I'm a newbie so I'm still saving up my currency, but perhaps I will be able to get some art from you in the future!! Good luck with your shoppe! <3
*while you're distracted, I steal your wallet and run*
Disclaimer: I'm not gonna steal your wallet, that was a joke. I might UwU at you though.
Chibi Shoppe!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 16:35:30 )

@VISU: schools seemed change constantly!
It’s so weird the differences even between siblings!

I don’t mind being the oldest at the store. I’m trusted to do more than anyone else. ^^

Voltie — vampire Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 17:59:21 )

@Totalanimefan: hehe yes!! Love free things.

@Cashmerella: hello!!! welcome to voltra!! haha I'm pretty new too. You can post your request!! : ) I don't charge a certain amount, it's up to you how much you want to pay, nothing or everything LOL! I'll gladly take whatever since I'm doing art here as a means of relaxing and practice <3 The results vary as I'm just trying to get back into art ^^

@Lina: It's really scary how quick they dumb down things here in Texas...LOL. It's also hard to see the changes since it's small changes each year. For me, apparently my class was so rowdy they implemented really strict rules and the next it was gone bc it didn't work on the next year hahaha.
      My brother and I were pretty similar actually!! We're 5 years apart, but I think it was because we were in the same school? This was in California though and they have their education really mapped out lol. I only got dumber after going to school in Texas bc the minimum to pass was so low.

And same! But the downside is me and my manager didn't get paid much more than the other workers and the bosses are taking advantage of us lmao. It sucks because we're the two that have bills to pay and need more stability in our job hahaha.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 18:13:01 )

@VISU: I was lucky my parents too a lot of time to find a good school system to move into for us.
They really looked hard to find the best schools to send us to.
If you search online for best cities with public schools, it’s on all the lists now.
30 years ago they were kinda guessing though. XD

As I’ve gotten older I’ve gotten more demanding at work.
When I moved out and got my own place I demanded a consistent schedule and minimum hours a week because I’m almost an hour drive each way now.
And when I reached 10 years there I’m said I needed a bigger raise to stay because my experience made me worth more.

Voltie — vampire Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 18:22:38 )

@Lina: Oooh, yes!! For my, it was just whichever area was convenient to live in at the time I think lol. But zoning wasn't so bad. In Texas, I feel like all the public schools are eh LMAO. Mine was always towards the bottom half our our area and had bad rep for some reason? I think people didn't like that we excelled in sports so much and kept spreading rumors LMAO. It wasn't that bad of a school tbh.

Aaah, yeah! My job thinks they can keep milking my manager and I because we're "young" (we're 24!) but I believe we're at the age where we're more likely to drop everything and leave if it no longer suits us. lol. We still have other jobs we could try for, but our job doesn't see it that way. They think we'll stay for 5-10 year ^^;; yet keep overworking us and paying us a lower wage. for example, my wage is only 12/hr and I think the manager is either 11 or 12/hr too. lol she's technically not a manager but she basically does everything a manager does. Both of us easily work 50-60hrs a week considering how much work we have to do outside of work...that's why I'm quitting because they don't have the decency to pay for gas or other things : / they make us run errands very often.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 21:15:12 )

@VISU: My first few jobs I was too timid to demand they pay for gas or things like that.
But it's not acceptable to be treating employees badly, you have to stand up for yourself!
I hope you find a job that treats you well!

Voltie — vampire Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 22:59:15 )

@Lina: Aaah yeah. I've thought about talking to them about it, but to me, it's not worth waiting for them to fix their mistakes because I also get no benefits lol. Since the beginning, there were so many flags and it's just waaaay too much to try to fix, so I feel like I'm better off discussing what things they need to improve and leaving. TT I've given them so much guidance for the workplace but I'm still not receiving my full worth haha. Like really...I don't think they can actually afford to pay me what I demand. lol. Since I do marketing, advertising, and design...they'd have to pay me at least 2 jobs worth LOL

Thank you!! I hope so too, I'm thinking of just getting a govt job for a while.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 23:02:07 )

@VISU: free is the best price really.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 23:05:23 )

@VISU: If you are looking for benefits, they say government jobs are the best.
I had a friend who's mom worked for the government in like a transportation office or something, and had amazing benefits and pay and loved the job.

Voltie — vampire Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/3 23:50:29 )

@Totalanimefan: Imagine if we had free healthcare haha jk LMAO

@Lina: Yeah! That's why I'm looking into them. I honestly would love to work in a library though lol. I also love doing paperwork...just 8 hours of doing the same things and then going home and watching youtube while drawing LOL very simple pleasures

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/4 00:23:26 )

@VISU: I have a... great aunt or second cousin or something... I'm not sure
But anyway, she is a librarian for a big library. She has training is like research and being a historian and things like that.
I've always thought it was so interesting! She started just at a small local library when she was younger but really had a passion for it.
And I guess there is school or training somewhere for being an advanced librarian.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/4 02:49:00 )

@VISU: I lived in England for two years. Trust me free healthcare is amazing.

Voltie — vampire Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/4 09:29:11 )

@Lina: Yeah! TO be of a higher librarian position, a degree is needed...I'm not too sure how strict they are about things here u _ u It seems I would need a degree in library science.

@Totalanimefan: oh yeah!!! lol I almost forgot!! england..dang,
website + twitter + tumblr + ig + toyhouse

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/4 10:19:31 )

@Totalanimefan: I live in Canada and can agree~<3

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/4 18:02:38 )

@VISU: I’m sure you can start at a lower position, just a library tech that helps out and puts books away and stuff.
And later on get the degree so you can get into a higher position.
It might be something you can work on slowly over a few years while you’re already working.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/5 01:08:06 )

@Amber Lynne: yeah damn straight.
@VISU: I used it a lot as a student. I’m really glad I had free healthcare.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/5 02:43:43 )

@Totalanimefan: The only downside is the whole waiting game you gotta play ^ ^;;
Took me almost a year to get my gallbladder out last year, for instance.
But at least it was free~<3

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.