Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My kitten keeps searching for our other cat. :(

Donator — sheep Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 21:54:27 )
We had to put him to sleep a week ago, as he had leukemia and became so severely anemic that he was no longer producing blood cells. He would have been turning only two years old this year. She keeps looking at me, crying, and then running to the spot where he loved to sleep. They were best friends, always running around and playing and cuddling with each other. She definitely loved him a lot, and it's heartbreaking to see her looking for him, only to find that he's no longer here. </3

A picture of the best buddies.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 00:14:49 )

Awww. Yeh for some pets it is difficult if another pet in the household is no longer there. Are you thinking of getting him another friend eventualy?

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 01:35:06 )
Aww, that’s so sad!! So young! ;; 3;;
I hope you can give comfort to each other. ; u;

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 01:48:39 )
I'm so sorry. I had to put a cat I rescued to sleep about a year ago because she was dying of severe kidney failure. Even though our other cat didn't like sharing his house with her, he was still confused that she was gone.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 02:07:50 )
@iggy: I’m sorry for your loss ;_; poor bebe
Hopefully your other cat can find peace in lots of cuddles, and hopefully relax. D:

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 04:59:58 )

I've had that happen before, but it was the kitten that died due to a snake bite (one reason why I never want outdoor cats) and our older cat got really depressed and cried a lot. It was extremely hard to cope with. Then a few years later, the older cat was lost to the same fate. Took me a looooong time to get through it

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 17:21:40 )
Dang I’m sorry, that sucks to hear. We had a similar thing when one of our cats died kinda unexpectedly and a younger cat who was always with him kept looking for him so forlornly. Cats are such loving creatures. Wishing well for you and your kitty.
ping me for best results

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/6 17:41:53 )

Omg that’s so sad! I’m sorry for your loss. :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — sheep Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/7 00:32:53 )
@vengeance: I'm sure we will eventually. Maybe in a few months when everyone is ready for a new baby.
@Jolly: Oh that's so awful. I'm sorry. :( That's one of the reasons we don't let our cats outside. We don't want them getting lost or hurt, or worse. They're perfectly happy indoors though.

@Kent:
@athabm:
@Kozi:
@Synth:
@Totalanimefan:
Thank you for your condolences and nice words everyone. It's just extra hard because this is the second cat I lost since August. </3

@ me to get my attention or I probably won't respond

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/7 04:15:02 )

@iggy:
cats are happier inside anyways! its safer for them and the ecosystem, so really its a win/win.
my parents care more about the slight chance of poop though lol

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.