Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Creative Endeavours [Hangout for all]

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 10:14:42 )
@Addy: I know right. I could have drawn every day if inktober took place in August. hehe But October is usually a busy month for me. Maybe one year I can draw every day of October.. One year.

Wow you're busy with the art stuff. :D That's really nice.

Thanks for the welcome back. I need to catch up on getting the new event item recolors before they go away on Friday.

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 10:17:25 )
@moossey: I'm TRYING to stay busy but honestly it's tough. D; I don't have a lot of local creative pals so it's hard to stay motivated, sometimes. But I think this thread will definitely help. Just talking art gets me excited to work.

The only time I've never managed to do a "30 days of ___" drawing thing was in August, coincidentally. I did 30 days of Steven Universe. \o/

Largely Inktober is all about that daily habit thing, though, less "MUST BE OCTOBER."

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 10:21:55 )
@Addy: Wow you should show me your best Steven Universe work. :D Was the 30 day challenge a list of topics you draw each day or you just came up with your own challenges? I used to draw some Steven Universe fan art. It was fun. I havent been up to date with that show. I wonder if the new episodes came out yet.

And me too actually. I don't have many creative pals irl but it's easy to make friends on art discords.

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 10:25:23 )
@moossey: I HOPE THIS IS UP TO PAR: most of it's from 2015 but I do plan on doing a round two of the 30 day challenge since there's been so many new characters. My challenge was literally "here's a list of 30 characters, hit shuffle, OKAY HERE WE GO!" All the black and white arts are the ones I did. It was more or less inking practice. Mini Inktober!
http://addyarts.tumblr.com/search/steven+universe

As for episodes, I'm pretty behind too. Last I saw was in like, May.

;w; I am in a few art discords but they're so much more daunting to me. Forums are cozier, haha.

I wanna see your SU art too! :D?

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 10:29:31 )
@Addy: Ah a peridot sticker, that's super cute! You sketch the SU art style really well. :D
My SU art is also really old. ;; Why must old art be cringey. haha
My arrow opal art was pretty popular. Here's Greg and blue pearl. These are done in 2016. Gosh how time has flown. I think a lot has changed since 2016 for me.

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 10:32:00 )
@moossey: Ooh I like them both. :O ! Sadly I think the Arrow Opal art link isn't working, haha. I THINK THEY'RE GREAT but I do know how old art can be ...

Thank you! ;w; One thing I pride myself in is style imitation. I'm also pretty okay with maintaining my own but I also .. just need to make more...!

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 10:35:54 )
@Addy: I think I posted the wrong link for arrow opal I hope this one works now.
Yeah maintaining your own style is kind of hard. It's fun to play around with styles. My own style is always changing around. haha thanks

I admire how you imitate SU art. I don't think I can do it as well as you. I draw too anime

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 10:38:32 )
@moossey: OH DANG that one is excellent!!!

And nothing wrong with changing and developing styles. You're finding your place. ;o I BELIEVE IN YOU. And I actually really like how you make the characters your own, in your own style? That's something I actually struggle with more...

Thanks so much though, seriously !! ;w;

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 10:57:00 )
@Addy: Any time! So when you draw without looking at references, what kind of style does your art look like? Does it still look like an imitation of another person's or show's style?

And yeah. I experiment a lot with art. Still trying to find the coloring technique and proportions I like.

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 11:03:49 )
@moossey: Dang, I had to go back a bit.. definitely a sign I need to focus more on my own art, haha.

this is a recent favorite, and then this has some recent commissionwork

i forgot the clickable links don't auto-populate here so my bad. :'D

and omg! I was peeking at your deviantART before I just realized; I had some of your avatar arts in my favorites. Your soft lines are wonderful. <3

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 11:06:56 )
@Addy: How did you find me on DA? From the link in my siggy? :O
omg! your art style is really nice. I think it's definitely recognizable that it's your style. And lol yeah. I used to draw a lot of fan art too. Whatever you like to do just do it.

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/12 11:11:30 )
@moossey: I thiiink so? Probably while browsing around before, checking out the staff maybe. I don't really browse dA much so unfortunately I doubt it'd be a happenstance haha.

nfdsfjdkl thank you so much, again! aaaahh, so much positivity. AND SO MUCH MOTIVATION !!

Fan art is a fun way to decompress. I just need to do more of the serious stuff. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 03:15:55 )
It's awesome that people have been chatting in here~<3
And here's a new sketch by me. Again on the base I love working on. Xd

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 20:48:55 )
@Lunakiri: That base is cute. I love the long legs

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/13 23:04:33 )
乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/14 10:37:32 )

On the BaseStation.deviantart.com base again though
Sorry

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 04:43:50 )
Dentists hate him
(and never be sorry for sharing. it's great to see your progress! imo)

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 05:14:40 )
He doesn't go to a dentist. XD
They all wanna file his teeth down so they aren't so sharp. //shakes head

he really doesn't like that, either. XD

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 05:17:51 )
AWWW YEAH I'M ALL ABOUT THOSE TEETH
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 05:27:42 )
@Addy: Heh
So is he XD
He has a very simple design, too XD
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.