Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Creative Endeavours [Hangout for all]

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 02:56:06 )
@Addy: It was largely unloved until the other day. That'd be how you missed it XD

@SamSpyroxis: As long as you'll be ok.... lack of sleep can be disastrous for your health DX

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 03:00:56 )
@lunakiri: FAIR ENOUGH THEN HAHA

Glad it's back, though!! :D

@SamSpyroxis: Thank you! :>

are you guys working on stuff today? :o

Donator — they / he Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 03:01:37 )
@Lunakiri: Yeah I know D: I think I'll be alright though. I know I used to regularly get 4-6 hours of sleep a night and was totally fine. Most days that still seems to be the case (unless I stay up for too long of course ^^; )

@Addy: Yeah, I'm gonna run a few errands and then I'll be back to start working on some commissions ^w^

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 03:03:14 )
@samspyroxis: Ayyy same. I'm just trying to get motivated now haha. ;w;

Good luck with your errands as well!

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 03:44:46 )
@Addy: I'm just happy this place is getting some love now =)
XD

@samspyroxis: Welp, that's good then.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 03:45:07 )
Also:

I should be done it tonight, too. Yay~
And then I can send it off to the person who I did it for. XD

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 03:58:33 )
@lunakiri: aww yiss, same! Also, lookin goooood. I'm still all traditional atm so no easy way to upload stuff without scanning, BUT I'll share what I can soon. Today's a day for catching up on commissions. B3

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 04:00:12 )
@Addy: I used to do strictly pencil work, and I got damned good at it, really. But... apparnetly Digital is my calling. XD
Kinda sucks really, but at least I don't have to worry about constantly replacing my pencils and such. XD

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 04:02:31 )
@lunakiri: I used to be the opposite! My traditional inks were garbage and my digital inks were bomb, but now it's agony trying to ink digitally. D;

Always been better with starting off with pencils, though. I used to pencil by hand then scan/line/color digitally.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 04:16:17 )
@Addy: I can't ink traditionally. My hand shakes WAY too much
The Stabilizer in Clip saves my ass so much XD

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 04:37:39 )
@lunakiri: BOY I KNOW THAT FEELING TOO HAHA

I used to think I was too shaky but I use brush pens that seem to eliminate it sorta? I also go in fast lil strokes so it evens out a bit. This shows some of my most recent stuff here: https://twitter.com/i/moments/891749731487100928
Though admittedly it takes a TON of practice to. I found the tools that worked and put 'em to the test.

re: Clip, did you try Manga Studio previously? Is Clip a good upgrade? I've been thinking about getting Clip Studio EX for a while...

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 04:47:53 )
@Addy: I'll check out your twitter when not on mobile. XD

And it's pretty much the exact same as MS5.
A friend bought me Clip when it was sale awhile ago, so I've been using it since then. Used to use a cracked version of MS5 before I got the legit copy though. So I'm happy to have been able to stop with that one. XD

But yeah. Pretty much exact same program

Donator — they / he Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 04:49:37 )
@Addy: Finished my errands, now to eat and try to get some sketching done! :D
Also, I've never used manga studio, but I heard it's basically the same thing? Like clip is basically just the newer version or something if I remember right... I'd say get clip (though I could be biased since I use it too XD) But try to wait for a sale! They happen a lot XD I'm actually considering upgrading from pro to EX eventually since I want to try doing web comics and some animation. From what I know EX just has more manga and animation tools than pro. (but for now pro meets my needs)

@Lunakiri: Lookin good so far :D And I use clip too, still adjusting a bit though ;u; I took a pretty long break from digital since I used to use sai, and suddenly one day it just crashed every time I tried to save, even if it was a blank canvas no matter what size orz Haven't had anything like that with clip though thank god ;u;

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 05:50:33 )
@lunakiri: I figured it was about the same, but was curious about upgrades and stuff. Tbh, I should probably upgrade one of these days.

@samspyroxis: Yeahhh the animation tools seem excellent! No sound options from what I hear though, which is a bummer, but you can export it in any number of formats so it's possible to get that edited in later on.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 06:21:12 )
@SamSpyroxis:
@Addy:

I haven't played with the animation feature much, myself, BUT it's actually really cool. a HELL of a lot better than Photoshop, like wow.
I don't think there are ANY audio options though, which ... really doesn't bode well for if you wanna do something like anything with voices. > < syncing up mouth movements would NOT be easy. XD

Donator — they / he Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 06:49:18 )
@Addy: Aww, that is a bit of a bummer D: But at least you can export to add sound in another program :3

@Lunakiri: Oh man, yeah that would be difficult x.x

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 07:02:31 )
@samspyroxis
@lunakiri
Yeahhh the no sound is actually why I didn't buy it last time it was on sale, haha. SOON, THOUGH!

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 07:03:47 )
@Addy: Lol.
I like doing animated GIFs though.
So it works for me.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — they / he Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 07:18:57 )
@Addy: I'll probably upgrade next sale myself, but we'll see XD
Always @ me
DATHIGTwitter

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 07:20:07 )
@lunakiri: Right now I just use an old version of Photoshop for that, but I'm glad to know I won't have to keep bouncing between apps to do so haha

@samspyroxis: Saaame, even with "no audio" in mind, haha
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.