Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Autumn Block Party 2017 The Autumn Box [Free Art and Stories!] OPEN!

Donator — She, her. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 03:43:05 )
13 @Kaderin Triste: Trust me I don't, I have very little experience sewing, lol. Like said, I'm not very good. Most of my craft projects are actually knitting, still learning that too though.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 03:46:53 )
@sweet violet: Yeah, my crafts are generally loom knitting and chainmaille jewelry type stuff. But I wanna make my own clothes eventually.

Donator — She, her. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 03:49:27 )
14 @Kaderin Triste: Oh nice. :) I love chainmaille jewelry, is it hard to do?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 03:58:01 )
@Saeyra: NO! Lol...kidding.
XD But yes! All the fun chatting!

@sweet violet: I haven't learned very many weaves or done a lot beyond Byzantine weave stuff really, but so far it's all been pretty easy. I have struggled with the Persian weave, but have only attempted it once. And the celtic star pendant pattern was difficult, but I don't have the right size jump rings for it. But I'll try it again eventually. The project that I'm fighting with currently is my scalemaille lotus tea light holder. Pain in the butt.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:00:17 )
@Kaderin Triste: I feel like you have made this thread your home. If someone is looking for you I can reliably tell them where you will be :vanora_xd:

Donator — She, her. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:00:21 )
15 @Kaderin Triste: I'm glad that most of it is easy, I'm sure you'll get the others too. :vanora_smile: You should post pictures of it when your done! :)

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:05:53 )
@saeyra: You might not be wrong about that actually...I hadn't realized it, but I do chat here more than most threads...

@sweet violet: The trick is finding free patterns. I've made a few ornaments, which are pretty nice and I have a pattern for scalemaille flowers that can be used as pendants, pins, hairclips, etc, but I need a ring size that I don't have currently.
And I haven't actually touched it in a few months. Might pick up on it again in November.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:12:02 )
@Kaderin Triste: *awards Kaderin the medal for most posts in this thread*

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:17:43 )
@saeyra: Oh gosh this is so unexpected! *pulls out a typed up acceptance speech*
I'd like to thank Derpy for always believing in me and Shade and Batty.... *pauses to take a shaky breath and wipe a tear off her cheek*...Shade and Batty for always making sure I slept in as much as possible...

Donator — She, her. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:17:47 )
@Kaderin Triste: A ring size for the pattern?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:20:42 )
@sweet violet: Lol, that probably sounded like gibberish. Jump rings come in various gauges of wire and have different internal diameters. I don't currently have one that is the correct gauge and internal diameter for what the pattern requires.

Donator — She, her. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:22:38 )
@Kaderin Triste: I only know of the jump rings used as jewelry closers, lol. Are they on the order of those, or special for chainmaille?

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:23:03 )
@Kaderin Triste: *crowd whistles and gives Kaderin a standing ovation*

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:24:00 )
Oh my god page 29! I am contributing to this madness! What have I done! NAAAAAAW!

Donator — She, her. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:25:52 )
It is going fast isn't it? :vanora_smile:

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:27:56 )
@Sweet Violet: Thanks for rubbing it in not-so-sweet-violet :vanora_cry:

Donator — She, her. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:29:22 )
@Saeyra: But isn't it a good thing though? :vanora_smile:

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:31:20 )
@Sweet Violet: For the people winning yes haha. For the artists in the sweatshops not so much :vanora_xd:

Donator — She, her. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:34:26 )
@Saeyra: Ah, yes that makes sense. I use to Illustrate for someone I knew making cards, it got so overwhelming. x.x I quit, but I still don't draw very often, had the same problem in art school, and ended up dropping out. x.x I'm fine as long as I can just create as inspiration strikes, but if I have to do it on demand I lose all inspiration and joy in it.

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/8 04:40:27 )
@Sweet Violet: hmm I do get stressed when I have alot of work and projects lined up with deadlines. But when I look back on all the finished art I feel proud of it. Also, when I have nothing to draw I get antsy... So I am really kidding about being in a sweatshop. I like having people to draw :) It gives me purpose. Plus these artworks have no deadline so I am not that stressed about it.

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.