Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Really need to vent and get this out

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/14 23:43:41 )
Long post ahead.

I just started a new job Monday of last week. Call Centre. Again.

Anyways, the last call I had today came in like 5 mins before I had to sign off. And the call started out good, but then just got annoying. He was all like "ok --, youre not getting my point. what I'm asking is where does my reward go? I have xxx points now, but you're saying it's xx?? what happened?"

"it's just how our tier system works. the points are only capped until xxx, and after that it resets your points to 0. but your rewards are still there."

"i didnt even know i was supposed to get different rewards on this and that before this.. i am very disappointed in the way it works. so ---, i'm asking you now when am i going to get my discount?"

"you should already be getting it every time you do ----- (and i see on their account that the discount IS applied). and your rewards do not disappear. the point system just resets. it's just for us to be able to tell when you get your rewards which is every xx points, and xx points, and when you hit xxx points you will get discount. after that it goes back to 0 and you earn points again when you hit the same xx points, xx points, and get additional discount when you hit xxx."

"you are not understanding what i am saying. i am asking is why is my points going back to 20, and where is the discount? I've been doing this hoping to get the discount. I didnt even know that you can get other rewards besides that."

basically he went on and on and we were going in circles. He asks me about his points, I explain it to him and that he can also get other things besides the discount. And I keep telling him it does not disappear, the discount will just add up. Everytime he hits xxx again, he will have more and more discount.

The call ended with me signing him up for email so he can get notifs on when it's time for him to get his other rewards.

Anyways, in the end i did some investigation and what possibly happened was that he was not scanning his card and that's the reason why he wasn't getting the discount. He was supposed to get the discount as it shows on my screen that he has it. So it's either he wasnt scanning his card, or that there was an error on our end. Obviously we never got to confirm this.

I was not able to realize this as he was just cunning to talk to on the phone. He could have just said that "why am i not getting the discount?" and we could have looked straight to the problem. didnt give me much room to think as he was insistent that the points system was annoying and disappointing. so i kept thinking he was just ranting about it.

For anyone else that calls into customer service, please remember that it's easier for us representatives if you just tell us in the most basic way - what is wrong (in this case he could have just said "im not getting my discount" _). and when we ask you for probing questions, that's when we get the bigger picture and pinpoint what is going on. There are different other things that are involved in the backend, and there are different scenarios that you could possibly be calling in. If you say something that is not directly exactly your issue and say something else (that is possibly connected to that or go hand in hand). We find it 10x harder to understand the situation and help you out.

Luckily, besides that he was respectful enough and didnt get all mad or anything. we ended the call on a fairly nice note.

Long post, not saying sorry since I already warned that this is me just venting.

I actually feel better now after typing all this for 20mins lol

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 15:43:05 )
i've said it once and i'll say it again:
END USERS ARE THE WORST!!

i'm so sorry you have to deal with people like that. at least you were able to get him off the phone on a good note.

hello again

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/15 18:10:02 )
Wow, that's so frustrating just to hear about. Must have taken forever. :V
People have no idea how the system works and end up asking the wrong questions. People are confused in a lot of the same ways a lot of the time because of certain design decisions so I'm sure that it won't be last time you hear that complaint. At least next time, you'll know what they're really asking so you don't have to waste your time.
Ping me

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/16 04:17:39 )
@kwisshiie: I do not envy you. Customer service is rough. I worked at a call center for Sprint. I had people do the same thing. Go in circle or roundabout and I wanted to scream just spit it out. Lol good job on the quality control there.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/17 22:52:01 )
@kegs:
@Eruca:
@Xanthan:

Thank you guys for your kind words. :) I really appreciate it! And for sure this won't be the last. This is only the beginning of the many calls that will come my way. It's just so comforting and nice to know that I am not alone in this.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/18 00:37:12 )
@kwisshiie: any time darlin what are volties for? :)
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.