Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Celebrating our Birthdays, Voltra style

Voltie — BetaTester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 15:53:15 )
Hi!

I have no idea whether this was already being planned in future but right now we don't have this feature over here so I would like to suggest it.

It's my birthday today (Sep 16th) and on some of the other sites where I'm a member, I received a happy birthday message and some kind of present: a slice of cake, a party hat, etc.

I would like to suggest this feature on Voltra too.

When it's a Voltie's birthday, the site automatically sends them a Happy Birthday message and a present, preferably a cake and it should be a Rainbow Layer Cake with a large candle on top. Because Rainbow Layer Cakes are great, no other site has it, we can pretend that each layer of this cake is a different flavour and @mdom and other Volties who likes rainbow coloured items will love to receive it on their birthday:

I'm suggesting one large candle on the cake regardless of the Voltie's age so a generic Rainbow Layer Birthday cake item can be created and given to all Volties on their birthday. Since this is an avatar site, please make the birthday item wearable by the Voltie's avatar.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 01:38:56 )
Please make this a thing! I would love to see a cake or something like that best where it says Voltie/Donator
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/17 02:15:55 )
Happy Birthday!

And while I do think this is a cool idea, would we receive the same item year after year?

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 12:30:55 )
I'm cool with the idea of an automated birthday message! I know that some other sites also add a tiny birthday cake icon beside the username so that other people know that it's their birthday as well :3

as for the item, it sounds like an interesting idea though I'm fine if we were without it. I assume that once we get the birthday item, that's it -- it's just a one time thing. Otherwise, if the staff are ready to handle it, a new birthday item every year..? (but that sounds like added work and I know that they're busy). I was thinking alternatively one can get a small amount of volts / ohms (?) as a birthday gift so that it can be a yearly thing.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 00:56:19 )
I like the idea of the rainbow layer cake xDDDd

Voltie — BetaTester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 17:37:08 )
@Totalanimefan: Thank you for supporting my idea.

@ mdom: I'm glad you like my idea mdom.

@ Lithinel and @Peony: Perhaps if the birthday cake item is created as a multi mode equippable item? Then it would require several birthdays for each Voltie to have the full Rainbow set and no one would mind receiving the Rainbow Birthday Cake item for several years. For example the default appearance of the item is Rainbow Birthday Cake. When equipped in the hand as an accessory, it becomes the Rainbow cake held in hand. Several other modes could be: Rainbow Party Hat if equipped on the head, Rainbow Shirt if equipped on the torso, Rainbow Pants/Skirt if equipped on the bottom, Rainbow Socks if equipped as an accessory and Rainbow Shoes if equipped as shoes, etc.
Current avatar: Emmett Khan, Master of the Golden Keyblade.

Do you play RuneScape?

My DeviantArt Gallery:
EmmettKhan.DeviantArt.com

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.