Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Honestly more at peace with this then most would be

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 02:08:53 )
Anyone going through a social circle cleanses right now? This past week I cut off a friend that, honestly, was projecting their home life onto me and I couldn't keep apologizing every second sentence to keep them happy soooo... I just started thinking about what i like and want in my life and I am slowly removing those that I don't want.

If someone brought up a disagreement you had months ago and already talked about/apologized for and dangled it over you, what would y'all do?

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 02:11:51 )
@Lucifera: very nice perspective. We need to make sure to surround ourselves with people who lift us up and support us and challenge us to do better. If your circle begins to be a liability or full of uneven friendships then an overhaul is quite healthy in my opinion.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 02:19:07 )
@Xanthan: Indeed! Especially since everyone has their own problems. Honestly, I can sometimes be super crabby. xD But it's never at a person. Some days I get migraine auras that leave my brain fuzzy so I just type out short, simple replies and don't think about it. Maybe it's those days I seem snappy?

Donator — Any Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 08:34:10 )

》::: ✿・`.*
I cut off negative energy nowadays *shrug*
I dont need ppl burdening my peace
*.`・✿ ::: 《

Please ping me!

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/6 23:40:23 )
@Bioshock: Here's the thing, I tried repairing this. But in friendships, there are two sides. I literally asked them if they were okay, or if I upset them. They had told me no for a long time, that they just had a lot going on. So I told them I was there if they needed me, to just reach out. They said okay, but then accused me of being mad at them for not talking to them. I had work and school. I had very little time to do anything for myself. And any time I tried to talk to them, they'd essentially shut down the conversation. And this entire time, they were building this narrative that I had no idea was happening. And then used that to make an argument that had me to a point where, honestly... No, it's not worth it. As much as I enjoy this person, I can't have their home life being projected onto me (which they even admitted in messages during the argument.) and I can't apologize for something that isn't happening.

And this past situation that was dangled over, we'd gotten past. We were literally gaming together with friends and laughing and having fun... And then this comes out of nowhere.

It's healthier for both of us to just let this fizzle out. As much as I adore them, I don't think I'd ever let them back into my life. Not without a real sense of change from them. Because I tried. I really did. There was nothing more I could do on my end. :vanora_sad:

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 05:55:11 )
@Bioshock: Kinda my point. As a person, minus all of that. They were amazing, I don't want to take away from that. But I just don't feel like it was a thing that as good for either of us. <3 I'm just looking forward to everything that comes next. But it's so odd everything that happened.

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 07:16:37 )

Yes I recently had to cut off my mother. It has been close to one year and a half since I've seen her. I feel way better. :)

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 22:21:05 )
@inatlaka: I've never had to cut my mom off... That must have been rough at first. But I am so happy you're doing good now! <3
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/7 22:32:24 )

@lucifera:Yes it was super rough. And thanks.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.