Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I broke my phone yesterday...

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 21:45:49 )
I must have dropped it one too many times and the poor screen is now shattered in one corner along with two extra cracks down the center. :vanora_cry: On the bright side I get to upgrade in two weeks, so I just need to deal with it for a few more days. Just sucks because I've ruined my phone record for never having a cracked screen before.

Voltie — Tess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 22:08:16 )
I know the feeling. I was at a camp and I left it on the bench and when I sat down I noticed the screen was shattered and I don't know who did it. I returned it to the store and got my money back!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 22:44:43 )
@musiclover0804: Awww that's awful when someone else breaks it but doesn't admit to it. :( At least you got your money back!

Voltie — Tess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 23:19:05 )
@prodigy: Yeah I asked so many people and nobody owned up to it

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 00:02:41 )
Ahh, nooo! A cracked anything is an unpleasant sight but that is still good timing to have an upgrade coming your way.
May your phone have a magnificent viking funeral {with the battery taken out}.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 00:09:07 )
@musiclover0804: Dang. :(

@Valkyrie: Yeah, just need to deal with the cracks for a bit longer! Maybe I should make a little boat so we can do a real viking funeral for it.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 00:47:30 )
That really sucks. I broke been two weeks ago and I pretty much never break my phone T_T

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 01:14:31 )
@Totalanimefan: Aww that's too bad! Are you getting a new one or can you get it fixed?

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 01:48:39 )
@Prodigy: I got it fixed. I have apple care + so it was only $29.

Donator — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 01:54:18 )
Oh noo. I broke a phone in a stupid way one time. I was walking and a bug flew by my face and it made me flinch, and the phone fell right out of my pocket.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 03:00:22 )
@Totalanimefan: That's not too bad. I think my Apple Care ran out on my phone but I've used it once to fix my Macbook. Pretty handy having the warranty so you can get fixes cheaper!

@Shark: AWWW that's sucky. >< Stupid bugs.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 03:23:33 )
@Prodigy: If you have had your phone under 1 year then it's still good. ^^ My husband used to be the person that fixed the phones and macs

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 06:23:07 )
@Totalanimefan: I have an iPhone 6 and had it for a bit longer than a year, unfortunately. ><

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:28:04 )
@Prodigy: Maybe they would still do it for the lesser price? I've heard of that happening before.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:31:50 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I was thinking about repairing it. I looked up trade-in values, though, and I'd surprisingly get more for a broken phone than I would for a repaired one after paying for a repair bill. >< Since my upgrade time is so close to now I'm just gonna upgrade and try and keep my new one in as good of condition as I can!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:32:26 )
@Prodigy: Oh I see, that's ok then. Where are you going to get it upgraded? I do it through Apple

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:34:25 )
@Totalanimefan: My fiance and I need to move from our parents' plans onto our own plan so we're just going through Verizon. ^^ He's an Android guy and I'm an iPhone user so it just makes it easier. Plus my mom knows NOTHING about phones or how to deal with contracts/plans so she wants to be there to work it all out. :vanora_xd:

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:55:27 )
@Prodigy: lol it's cool, plus there might not be an apple store near you
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 08:43:44 )
Eep. I've only ever broke 2 phones in my life - my Samsung a few years ago after dropping in the toilet, and I broke my mums phone a few weeks back. The screen shattered it was an absolute mess. I had to pay to get it fixed since she was right at the beginning of her contract :/ I keep my iPhone wrapped up super secure to prevent it from breaking lmao

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 09:01:19 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, our nearest Apple store is four hours away. xD We have resellers here but not an actual Apple store.

@sunny: Yikes! That sucks that it broke, but at least you could get it fixed. >< Hurts the wallet though, I'm sure. When I get my new phone I for sure will be getting a better case for it.

Ping me so I don't ghost you by accident!
ART REQUEST

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.