Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk GameStop: We Can Stay Open During Lockdowns Because We're 'Essential Retail'

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 16:38:57 )

Yes you read that right. GameStop will stay open. Video games are totaly essential!
Source

Now that's just one thing about GameStop. How about this:
- If an employee gets the virus, then that person wont be working, the store will get cleaned, and everyone will go back to work (!!!!)
- If employees "choose" to not work for their own health, they wont get paid.
This Guy Sneaked On To A Gamestop Regional Conference Call | This Was The Result (This video got flagged. Gamestop is trying to get the video removed.)

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 17:10:02 )

I saw an article about this pop up in my newsfeed yesterday. What planet are these people living on? :'^)

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 17:20:49 )
Madness. Just madness.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 17:40:53 )
My store is staying open... not because they believe they are essential, but because they will literally go out of business if they have to close. I get that, its their livelyhood... I just don't get the sheer volume of people showing up now. We even offered curb-side pickup and we had so many people come in and be like "stay safe guys". I'm just like... you are the reason I can't stay safe. Go home and read the internet instead! But Gamestop is a bigger business, they can probably afford closing down a lot easier than one small storefront can. :/
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — - Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 18:24:13 )
@vengeance: I was just there for my animal crossing game. My GameStop was only letting 5 - 7 people in at a time and the rest were queued up outside.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 18:31:02 )

@Gatorlec: I hope they took enough distance.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 02:05:18 )
...This is getting crazy.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 14:35:21 )
Imho now is the perfect time to play the new animal crossing game. That's big money right there. They gotta stay open for a week at least so all the apocalypse gamers and stock up, like the apocalypse butt wipers did.
Ping me

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/21 23:32:34 )
Gamestop is a dying breed, if they stop during the covid pandemic they're most likely going out of business. This is definitely the peak of stupidity and jerk-ness but they've never seemed to have the best business practices iirc

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/25 04:19:31 )
They tried that in my county, basing the argument on same working from home statement, but were forced to close under the Shelter in Place order.

I get it: this is a huge financial hit to a lot of businesses, especially one like Gamestop that's already been struggling. They do sell equipment (headsets, for example) that help facilitate working remotely. I'd be more shocked if they were quietly agreeing to close.

They've got a pick up system now that doesn't allow people in the stores (at least based on an email I got), which seems pretty okay. I think we need to balance safety with totally destroying our economy (how exactly we do that I don't have an answer for though). Though I'm way more concerned about local businesses and employees than I am about a corporate entity like Gamestop...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.