Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Edit* You're not trying hard enough

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 21:39:24 )
Reusing this thread for another vent, cause its just been a WEEK.

This morning it took about 20 minutes to get connected with my class online. They were supposed to be using Hangouts, and I'm over there sending messages and invites like hellooooo
but turns out they were on another thing entirely. So that was cool.

Somehow during the video conference, we ended up talking about who we work on for our massage practices while many people are too afraid to leave their homes right now. The instructor then (irrelevantly) calls me out and tells me that I have NOT BEEN WORKING HARD ENOUGH this entire time because I wont work on my classmates outside of class. I'm just being lazy because I only work on my bf and blablablabla I need to do better with the people I have.

EXCUSE
ME
SIR
This should be a private conversation for one thing.
Dont be so presumptuous, often times people have reasons for doing things a little oddly.
I've been going above and beyond all of my homework assignments and attending all of the massage events when no one else wants to go to them.

The point is that I'm practicing a LOT, and I've been getting BETTER at working with others. But it really matters little on whom I practice when I am just a student doing this all for the first time. I will learn a lot from various clients, but to start, I need to learn confidence in my beginning skill so I don't explode with anxiety. And booooy I have some hella social anxiety and paranoia. I can't even bring up how freaking rude most of my classmates are which makes it harder for me to work with them anyways, and the ones that aren't, I HAVE tried to work with but they have children to go home to. Or they're only available when I'm at work, on the weekends. I'm not over here complaining, and I have been improving so much on this issue recently, so don't go calling all this attention on me, saying Bonni is the lazy one! How about the student that hasn't done any work at all? Well, they probably have the same reason that I do or something worse, to be honest. People don't drop $20k on school for nothing.

;v;''
I angry rant here so that I may speak to this instructor more politely in response to the issue..

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/18 23:06:26 )
Is there someone over you instructor you can talk to? Someone who will make her have to clarify what she means?
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 18:28:03 )

@lucifera:
That wasn't my instructor I was talking to, that was the head of the whole school :vanora_sweat:
But her email didn't say no so I'ma do it if I have to!

Just gotta find me a table now. Since posting this rant, she bumped the table prices up to $250. Totally changed her mind on helping me with the $100 offer, which I'm too exhausted to fuss over. So I'm gonna buy elsewhere xD
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/19 21:20:05 )
A lot of people really do not try at all. It is very frustrating for them just as much as for you.
https://streamable.com/l8ysz

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/20 04:56:34 )
Ohh, i never like to hear stories like that.
First of all, it sounds like there are some communication threads that are not connected. How did everyone else figure out that you're not meeting on hangouts? Is there a way you can connect to that source of info too? (Maybe some email lists or something, those often go wrong)

2ndly, it's so not okay to be called out like that in public without warning. But remember that you also have the ability to defend yourself. Even if you start by doing it here afterwards. Often times people blame and shame when they don't understand your side of the story. Even if they never understand, that doesn't mean you can't come out of this program and enter into a successful career. You're still in, which means you have a chance. You can do it!
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.