Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts A handy dandy hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 00:39:31 )

I did have Mac and cheese for lunch. It was good.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 01:11:19 )

damn
    i wanna eat that but gluten 8{

i'll have peanut sauce rice noodle instead

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 07:02:24 )
peanut sauce rice noodle is gooood too

e

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 07:19:25 )

I didn't know you couldn't have gluten :(
I can't eat onions. It makes me sick.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 07:57:52 )
დ დ დ დ დ

BLESS FINALLY OFF OF WORK
Though we have a callout for this week/next week and I'm just like rip me bc there is no one to replace them
i shall just suffer, this will be fine

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:07:41 )
noooo you need to call out
they can't fire you

e

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:10:11 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Tbh I think my boyfriend might have the virus/he has all the symptoms and I'm just like, pls no.
Not like I could afford to call out of work anyways bc we have a shitty sick leave policy/my boss would find a way to fire me. (: I'm hoping he starts feeling better in the next 1-2 days and if he doesn't i'm making him go to the doctor bc he has insurance. >>

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:13:35 )
oh goddd hopefully not

hahaha yeah the other day my coworkers were telling me how it was illegal to fire people for calling in sick. and I'm like yeah they probably still will

he should definitely get tested if the symptoms line up. fever!!

e

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:15:21 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Yeah hopefully. D:

Like yeah its illegal, but they can say it is an attendance issue/bring up other issues they never brought up before just to make it justifiable. Or as my boss does, schedule you like 3 hours or not at all and just say there are no hours for you. (:(:(:

He shoulddd. He's arguing with me about it but I'm like 'I CAN'T AFFORD TO GET IT AND MISS WORK'. And he's missed 2 days so far and he can't really afford to miss work like that either. ID

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:20:25 )
yeah exactly they can find SOME reason to fire you

ugh yeah but that's shitty because you shouldn't go to work and spread it more if you do have it. but then people are afraid of missing work/can't afford to do it!!

e

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:22:38 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Yeah, so why it is illegal, they will just go around it.

Exactly. :( They should be offering paid leave if people think they could have it/until they can confirm if they do/don't. then if they do have it continue the paid leave.
Bc someone like me will unfortunately just not tell anyone and continue going to work because like, I need the job/money. I can't afford not to otherwise I will be homeless.

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:25:00 )
mmm I think companies can't afford it either
here they made schools close down, so they are docking pay for the time. it's like unpaid vacation time

e

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:26:53 )
დ დ დ დ დ

I mean tbh the company I work for could afford it, especially since we're hurting so much in sales already they are losing a good chunk of money labor wise anyways. And it's a big food company which adds to its ability to do it. But they won't bc they are cheap, so if we do close it will be without pay. >> Though I guess Washington is trying to pass something so they are forced to pay you if you have the virus/are in quarantine.

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:29:58 )
ah yeah if it's a big food company then they should be able to afford it! I was surprised because it was my friend's company who said that they would be docking pay for the week off even though they were forced to take it off. guess since the government forced them to close. and they are losing money when students don't go

well you can hope they don't just close forever like my job did |D

e

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:31:06 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Ahhhh yeah if the government forced them to close that might be different? ;o I know all the cases here the places have only shut down a day to clean and then opened back up the next day.

Aldjaljg I'd be on a 20 minute commute if they did. ID

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:34:24 )
ah yeah maybe? my company (even though they're closed now) still paid us normally for Feb and are even paying us 2 weeks for March.

hopefully they're still cleaning each day |D

ugh commutes suck. I live a 5-10 min walk from my job haha

e

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:35:51 )
დ დ დ დ დ

Ooo that was decent of them.

Hopefully. IDD

Ahaha I live a five minute drive and I do not want to go to a 20 minute drive. orzz
Also the other location is big and I don't want to deal with it lol

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:38:40 )
yeah if only they didn't close |D this job really was nice to work at

haha cleaning once is not sufficient

the other job I worked at was more of a 20 min walk, so this one is more convenient haha. but again it's overrrr. sob. I'll see how my next one is I guess xD
bigger restaurant more problems!

e

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:39:51 )
დ დ დ დ დ

I bet, it sounds like they cared about you guys at least.

Exactly!

Are any of the jobs you applied to close to you?
Yes! I don't want more problems!

დ დ დ დ დ

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/13 08:41:43 )
the actual people managing us were very nice. ;u; and the work load was honestly pretty light haha

mmm one of them is. but it wouldn't matter. I would have to move for any job I take since my housing is provided by the job

clone yourself and have them deal with the problems

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.