Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ✐INKtober ;; CLOSED

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/29 08:48:51 )
@Yuracye: Oooh! Sounds very awesome!

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 17:24:33 )
@lina: Same here. x ___ x I don't have a scanner or anything so it's not like my pictures are amazing or anything either. rip. Plus I always make like 400 different kinds of mistakes. D;
Traditional is nice to do! I wonder if that's how INKtober started in the first place. xD
I mean, there's some people who only do October sketches (digitally) all month long, and I say that's okay too! People are drawing, that's all that matters. xD Traditional is nice, but some people really do stick to digital. You know?

@queen prisma: Oooh, okay! I haven't seen the other ones yet. q vq a
I don't think so anyway. Did you just upload them or something???
I don't mind squeezing in one of your OCs for the day when I don't feel like drawing mine! I'd just need a reference!

I would say don't be depressed, but I know that doesn't really solve anything. orz.
Just try and keep your head up and keep drawing! Believe me, when I first started drawing, no one wanted my art too. Heck, even now when I've been drawing for YEARS and there's still people that would choose more professional art, so to speak. Some people just don't like certain styles.
Ahhhh, thank you. TT ____ TT
I've been trying to get down a non-chibi style since my art block is rampaging, but I'll see what I can get. orz.

I'll have to show you my old traditional and digital works. It'll make you feel better. xD They were so bad omg.

@dragoness129: Yeah! I'll try it out next year though. It's sorta too late to do it now. n ____ n ;;;

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 07:47:39 )
@lina: It's like 2 hours away from it actually being the first BUT HERE IS YOUR ART ENJOYYYYY

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 08:01:18 )
Aw, I shoulda bought a new sketchbook just for this month. Guess I'll be slamming my inks in some old ones xD

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 08:02:18 )
@timeandtimor: I had some unused ones that I had back when I was taking them in college. ;;;

YOU CAN DO IT. Q VQ There has to be empty pages somewhere.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 08:03:53 )
@Yuracye: Yeah, I'll be using the backs of some pages I think. I just bought my first tablet last month so I could learn how to do digital, but I'll be taking a break in order to participate this month! I had a theme page last night but I forgot to save it xD

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 08:06:57 )
@timeandtimor: I think that's alright! I do that anyway because I'm so cheap. |||OTL.
Ahhh, congrats on the tablet though!!!

I've been in an art block lately, but I feel like working on traditional art has sort of gotten me out of it? I mean, I'm still not happy with the digital pieces, but it's something. ;;;
Oh no! D: ! I had one saved, but then I re-booted my whole computer. orz.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 08:09:27 )
@yuracye: Thanks! I love it <3

Traditional sketches typically get the creative juices working for me, too! It's nice to break out of your usual medium every once and a while. I'm sorry to hear about the block though! :0 That's never fun! When I get art block, I start writing on a project, and when I get writers block I start drawing. xD

RIP theme pages //weeps//

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 08:13:31 )
@timeandtimor: It's a bit to get the hang of it, but tablets are really nice! n ___n !!

Yeah, definitely! I find that when I'm in an art block (when doing digital work) is when I do my traditional work best. I used inks and watercolors a lot when that happens, though it's normally not with chibis. xD
I can't write, but it seems like a good way to work on things, unless you want to do the other thing more. x ___ x ;;

Right? The struggle is real.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 08:15:07 )
@Yuracye: Ah, I love watercolors so much! I wish I had better control over the paint xD Do you prefer chibis over other styles?

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 15:12:44 )
@Yuracye: hey how have you been doing as of lately
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 18:12:38 )
@timeandtimor: I do too! Q vQ ! They're just so pretty. ;;;
I don't have a lot of control over it either tbh. xD I mainly used it as a background or splashes of color when I used it. Then I colored over it in Charcoal. ;;;
Chibi is really the only style I can do. |||OTL I've tried other ones, but it just ends up looking funny.

@unicorn: Eh, I've been alright. Mostly busy with my new job. The commute is just so far away, but I love the job so much. I was thinking about eventually moving closer, but we'll see.
How about you?

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 21:42:41 )
(I disappear in weekends, sorry)

@yuracye: that's so super adorable!! I love it so much!!

I think inktober must have started because people don't sketch enough, or don't do enough traditional art, and wanted something fun to inspire them to.

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 21:51:04 )
@lina: Quite alright! I figured I'd PM it to you if you didn't respond by Tuesday. C:
I'm glad yo like it!! So much fun to draw. * U* !!!

Yeah, I think so! That's what made me think about it to be honest.
I might offer this in my shop until I run out of paper too. It's just so much fun. Q vQ

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 21:55:06 )
It's so adorable!! I'd love to buy more!!
One for every avatar I make!!

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 22:15:44 )
@lina: Yeah? O:
I'm not sure what to price it though... and I'd need more colors since I don't have a lot of them.
Like light purple or dark blues. q vq ;;

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 22:31:31 )
@Yuracye: Well at least you're familiar with chibis! You can be the chibi masterrrr
I've never used charcoal before - isn't it pretty messy? lol
returned 6/7

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 22:32:14 )
@yuracye: that's the problem with traditional art. You need supplies. It looks very cute though!

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 22:35:21 )
@timeandtimor: I suppose so. xD My style has definitely changed over time though.
O: !!! I CAN BE THE CHIBI MASTER. omg.

Oh man, it's super messy. D; Unless you use the charcoal pencils, but I personally think those don't work as well. Especially when you need to cover larger areas or blend it.

@lina: Yeah. I mean, I guess you'd need programs + a tablet for digital, but then you're set for awhile? You know?
Traditional supplies tend to go pretty quickly.

TH | dA

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/1 23:01:24 )
@yuracye: they really do go quickly! And even if they don't, I still keep buying more anyway. :vanora_sweat:
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.