Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Metalheads: Favorite Bands?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 23:00:31 )
Trying to look for more bands to listen after I go to the 3teeth concert later this month. Before that I have to listen to more Carnifex, Skold, and The Browning.

Currently my favorite bands are Gojira and 3teeth, but then again who doesn't like some Gojira?

Other bands I would recommend are Avatar (they were the ones that originally got me into metal and are overall wholesome guys) and Mass Hysteria (a really good French band).

If you want some bands that aren't really metal but still good I recommend Royal Blood and '68

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 23:12:08 )

I like Avatar. Saw them 3 times already. You can find all of my rock/metal recs over here.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 23:26:46 )
@vengeance: Oh sweet thanks! I've only been able to see them once and that was when I had to travel halfway across America to see them with a friend in LA. They need to come to Omaha again, I missed them when they came for their HtA era

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 23:40:24 )

@grost: My country is pretty small so I have more opportunities. But I saw them all times at a metal festival.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:05:51 )
@grost: Oh those are some good ones!
I saw Avatar for the first time live a few years ago, and that's when I fell in love with them because it was the first time I've ever heard of them lol.

Hmm, some metal bands I like are Fit For a King, Imminence, and Make Them Suffer.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:11:49 )
@Aisukohi: Wow I didn't realize Avatar was such a big band lol, I thought almost no one on here knew about them but I guess I'm just naive
Thanks for the band recs, got any songs from them that you could point me towards to start with?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:21:33 )
@grost: If anything, I'd say their popularity is growing! I really only got into them because my sister wanted to see them.
Apparently Northern Europe is really good at pumping out metal bands, because I went to a concert a few months ago with bands all from Sweden (if I recall correctly) and they were AMAZING!! They included Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, At the Gates, and Grand Magus.

And you're welcome! Hm, I'd probably recommend the following:
- Fit For a King: "When Everything Means Nothing", "Deathgrip", and "Shattered Glass"
- Imminence: "Infectious", "The Sickness", and "Erase"
- Make Them Suffer: "Vortex", "Save Yourself", and "Widower"

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:34:15 )
@Aisukohi: There seems to be a scary amount of Swedish bands popping out of nowhere, what are those schemy scandinavians planning? lol

I'll take a listen to those when I get the chance :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:37:59 )
@grost: Apparently to take over the world with their awesome music. xD But I'm not complaining!!

And okie doke! I'm sure I have more metal bands I forgot to list, but I forget right now and I'm sure that's plenty to start with anyway lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 02:56:12 )
@grost: i can recomment some pagan metal Bands like heidevolk, falkenbach, equilibrium, ensiferum, finntroll, skalmöld Other metalbands i like are opeth, Pantera, megadeath.... all the Classic bands xD

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 07:44:17 )
@Miss Sandman: Wow I don't think I've ever heard of Opeth, Pantera, or Megadeth, must be really obscure bands! Those other bands are going straight to the list, thank you for the recs

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 10:17:01 )
@grost: yes those are pretty uncommon XDDD i hope you find joy in one of those
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.