Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Newbie here!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 23:28:28 )

@Aisukohi: nope it should work straight away. Are you remembering to include the [post] code?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 23:43:23 )
@sunny: I'm not sure I understand. The little note about [post] makes no sense to me?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 23:47:02 )

[post] represents where your actual text will appear. For example look at my post style:

I have the bbcode to decorate my post, and then I include [post] to show where the actual text will be.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 23:47:39 )

@Aisukohi:

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 23:55:39 )
@sunny: OH!! Now that makes sense. Gee, I wish the note on the settings page looked more like what you just showed me because it's a lot more understandable! THANK YOU!!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 23:56:46 )

@Aisukohi: no worries, i was confused at first too. It is quite poorly worded IMO. Hopefully they will work on it.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 23:59:38 )
@sunny: Yes it was! I mean, I consider myself fairly code savvy, but I felt super dumb trying to decipher their verbage.
I wonder if someone's made that suggestion?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:01:21 )

@Aisukohi: I don't know. Maybe you could make the suggestion? I know they are always keen to hear people's input :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:06:44 )
@sunny: Hm, I'll browse the forums and see before posting. But that's good to know that they take user feedback well!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:07:39 )

@Aisukohi: oh yeah, it's very user friendly here. The staff are lovely :) and they interact with us a lot, which is great.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:13:17 )
@sunny: Yay! I think that's SO important to have on an avi site. I lose interest in a site if I feel like user feedback isn't being received or if the staff aren't very warm to their userbase.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:15:46 )

@Aisukohi: i think you'll like it here :) the events are really fun too. We are due a spring event soon, if I remember correctly from last year.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:23:18 )
@sunny: Nice! Yes, I was looking at some of the past event items in the item guide thingy and the quality and ideas on most of them look amazing. *o* Like some of them looked like the same type of quality for items you get for making donations to the site, which is incredible. So I'm excited for my first event!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:27:54 )

@Aisukohi: Right? Some of my favourite items here are event items. Such good quality, we really are spoiled during events.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:36:13 )
@sunny: I'm also pleased that currency seems to be easy to earn here when you post, so hopefully some of these items won't be hard to obtain!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:42:39 )

@Aisukohi: True true. I always manage to get a full event set, and I'm pretty much a professional lurker. I don't usually post much at all. There are lots of threads during events which are useful for gaining currency. Puzzles, trivia, mysteries etc. It's fun!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:45:43 )
@sunny: Oh, so they do lurker currency here too? I try not to lurk too much, but there have been times where I wasn't feeling too social and had to resort to such. But that's great! My activity on avi sites has been dwindling over the years, but I'm not ready to give them up altogether just yet.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 00:58:38 )

@Aisukohi: no I mean they give prizes for participating. There's no lurker currency thus far, which is a shame tbh. But the wide variety of threads means it's easy to take part. For example we usually have a "How many CURRENCY do you have?' thread in which people literally just post the amount. I like those threads, they're great for lurkers.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 01:30:16 )
@sunny: Ohhh, gotcha. Well that's okay that they don't have lurker currency. Forces me to be more proactive about getting the things I want, and plus I can always meet new people lol.

I do like participating in contest or game threads depending on the kind, so I'm curious what they'll have to do for the next event.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/8 01:57:32 )
@Aisukohi: welcome to voltra! ^_^ nice having ya here!
Shop | Hangout | Quest

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.