Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Birth month art collecting! I wanna show ;;

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 06:12:04 )

artist credits will be linked thru the images

I don't think there's a better forum to post this in, but I wanted to share the art I've been collecting for my birthday this month!
Since its later in the month, I decided hecks, I'll just have fun all month seeing how much art I can afford!
Some of these were free from kind people all around, some are paid with real currency and some future ones might be obtained by other currency or trading means!

Chose my FFXIV character as a target for my focus, cause I love him to bits. He's the white haired cat boy (miqote) above!

I'm so excited I could die

I also bought this of an old DnD character's mount

> Do you actively collect art?
Have you received anything fun recently? Show me!

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 06:18:27 )

@Jolly: //cough
TH page. Link meh.
If you has.

Also, I totally hoard (collect I suppose?) all the art I can of my mountain of characters.
XD

BUT YES
Link meh
I'm actually looking to do tester things. So I can do one for you if you link me something. Page where I can choose characters, a chara ref, whatever =)

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 06:24:14 )

@amber lynne:
Lmao Here he is~
His references are on there as well as the first few images. I rely on screenshots mostly for his outfits since I can't even draw them super well lmao
But as simple outfits go, I tend to like this one a lot. What are you thinking of testing? :D

I have a butt load of characters I hoard art for. Zad is just the current mood I guess xD
I also participate in "art fight" which is an annual event where I end up receiving a lot of art of my OCs in the process.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 06:30:57 )

@Jolly: GIMME YOUR AF
I'll throw a follow at you!

And who knows, I'll likely art something for ya for it =)
I has plans for AF this year - for what I'mma do ^ ^

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 06:44:30 )

@amber lynne:
SWEET
I need to update my characters for this year ;;
what is free time?
AF
I'll have to throw you a follow too!

That is funn
I should make a plan too. Like maybe practice a new style or make some bases to use since I'll also be juggling college work this year.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 06:48:44 )

@Jolly: Here's hoping you don't get overwhelmed!
But yeah, I use it to practice my stuffs, myself!
My first year, I largely did chibis, because I was praciting with them.

And it's all free, so yeah. Totally practice worthy!

(Also, thank ya for the link! Threw a follow at ya =)
I'll def do up something fo rya come the fight, because points. XD

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 06:54:06 )

@amber lynne:
Same, I also participate in their discord server during off seasons. They'll have minigames going on like draw the person above you. I get a decent amount of practice in doing that!

Exactly, its just a free for all. I love that the site keeps growing too, even if it means increased downtimes xD

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 06:56:50 )

@Jolly: My only complaint about the site size is that it's harder to *get* the art. Lol.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 07:02:33 )

@amber lynne:
Ahh, yeah I've heard people complain a lot about that. Personally, I'm easy to please, so I don't mind it xD But I also don't know what is average and what isn't, for all I know I could be lucky with the activity I got. But I also shoved into the discord channels a lot and got people to notice me there.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 07:05:02 )

@Jolly: That's totally fair.
I'll admit, I'm the type of person who is like 'GIMMEALLDAART!!HIRGWEIHGAERG' because omfg I want it all. I'm easy to please when it comes to quality (I'm really not picky) but still. Lol.
But I'm also an awkward nobody. XD
So I don't poke anyone being like 'hi, if you want someone to art, I got ABCcharacter here!' or whatever.
I realise it's largely my own fault. So I'm not really complaining. It's just the one thing I'd say would be a complaint, if I had to pick something. Lol.

well, that and I'm lazy and don't wanna update all my character pages to be on there

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 07:12:18 )

@amber lynne:
Hahah thats fair! and lets be honest, we're all a bit like that if we're attending art fight in the first place xD
We just wanna collect! And practice too.

I just checked on all mine and eeeeehhh I think they're good enough as they are lmaoo
I might only draw up one ref and let the rest be the same this year. I'm too busy for that shiz xd

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 07:19:11 )
ahhh so many march birthdays!

he's a cool character. I remember seeing him in your signature for ages haha

e

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 07:20:44 )

@Jolly: Aint' that the truth! XD

And yeah. I getcha on the profile things.
All of my AF profiles have a link to their TH page. Because dammit, I dun wanna transpose ALL the information there. LOL

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 07:28:22 )

@eyry:
Yeah I was pretty proud of that drawing lmao
was a total passion doodle. ffxiv and animal crossing are like, my two biggest loves right now
step aside bf
you all are gonna get sick of me going on about them by the year's end

@amber lynne:
I hesitate to refer people to my TH pages if they're drawing the characters, cause I wanna make sure they're seeing the more accurate refs xD
TH is mostly for me to look at, so I use it as an overall art dump.

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 07:29:31 )

@Jolly: That's totally fair. But I have pretty indepth profiles (or at least I try to) for all of 'em there.
Soooo I don't want to have it that they miss a key detail.
Because my art is so few and far between for my characters now. LOL

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 07:36:17 )
@Jolly: haha it's a pretty great drawing! I didn't realize you had made it yourself for a long time xD I thought it was from some official show! |D

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 07:41:24 )

@amber lynne:
I... try to have in depth profiles. But organizing information is not a skill of mine! Probably where my adhd gets in the way xD
I've done it for some profiles but not completely, I always leave some things empty to "come back to later" haha

@eyry:
Aw, you flatter me xd
It actually was made out of inspiration for a style that one of my favorite artists draws in. I tried to imitate parts that I liked like eyes and coloring, and it ended up not looking like it LOL but improved my own style in a way I enjoy more now

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 07:47:57 )

@Jolly: I know that mood.
I got plenty that their proper story/whatever isn't done.
Details? Personality? Trivia? Good to go.
Actual story? ..... ask me again later. LOL

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 17:59:35 )

@amber lynne:
Right, same! Or I keep changing stories cause I no longer like the originals xD
but then never finish.
I have one that I wrote a whole outline on start to finish, so its probably the only COMPLETE story I have. It just isn't in any sort of presentable manner lmao

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 18:30:02 )

@koneko:
Of course! Her name is Hathor, and she is considered a unique opinicus in my story. Rather than being an eagle/lion mix, she is a pigeon/housecat mix of features--but mount sized xD
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.