Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Berserk

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 00:55:24 )
[Locked due to 6+ months of inactivity! If you'd like this thread unlocked to revive, bplease don't hesitate to PM a mod, or submit a support ticket. Thanks!]

I haven't read the manga yet - but I plan to. Please give me your thoughts on the series.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 02:00:25 )
I haven't watched any of the anime adaptations but I did read about 1/2 of the manga :00
Maybe got up to chapter 200 and something? not sure lol
Haven't bothered to finish it because the author doesn't bother to finish the series lmaoooo

But! I do love what I have read so far!
The story is so sad and I just want to give Guts and Casca the biggest of hugs.... ;m;
Griffith can suck on eggs... I'd choose words with more heft for my pure hatred of such a selfish character but I think I'd be breaking TOS xD
The characters and designs are really cool and the manga art is absolutely beautiful!

Idk if you wanted to get in a more in depth conversation but I'm good at spoiling with out meaning to ;3;

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 02:42:18 )
I don't mind spoilers. I love learning about everything before I delve into a piece of media - helps me to better appreciate and look forward to each moment and part. Thank you for sharing.

And hehe yeah, hiatuses hiatuses. Always and forever.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:21:25 )
Have you watched any of the anime or started to read the manga yet?
How far along in the story are you? Or are you fresh to the whole franchise? :3

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:25:57 )
I just finished the 2016/2017 anime and have been watching a bunch of Youtube videos for like a good year now. The anime honestly is not as bad as people say it is (now that is coming from someone who has not read a lick of the manga so I could be completely wrong, but until then ) . I know a lot of what's going on, but experiencing it for myself would be nice. The story, the world - I need it.

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:38:58 )
I really did enjoy that anime, like forreals enjoyed it. The 3d was pretty cool and fit a lotta the time. Made the 2d segments/moments even more striking/impactful. I could see how it doesn't quite capture just how dark and grim Berserk is, but it does it job and it does it well imo. Idk tl:dr I thought it was coo. Thanks for reading.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:44:48 )
Well then you know how sensitive the topics of the series can be :0
I have not watched either of the animes '3'
I know there was one in the 90s (i think) that stayed truer to the art style the manga has to offer. Is the 2016/2017 on the cgi one?
Up to what part in the story did that get to?
Miura, Bersek's creator, has such delicate and intricate style of art ;w;
So the the imagery is just gorgeous within the series! The two page panels are breath-taking if I say so myself (but I am a bit of an art nut lol)
Although at times it can be a lot to stomach if your not used to Berserk's darker genre because he does not shy away from gruesome imagery :Y
The scene with Guts and Donovan when Guts was a child made my skin crawl x.x;;
As well as the terrible thing that happened between Casca and Griffith. That was some rough stuff.

Though the fight scenes are cool as hell!
I really love majority of the character designs. Of both the humans and creatures/demons.
The variety of flavors for each person Miuras brings the table is visual eye candy *u*
I'm gone babyyyyyyy~~~
You can find me on
DV // TH // Lasria
....Sry I don't do discord....

Donator — Him, He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 23:49:46 )
Yes. the dark theme is what is drawing me to the story actually. Not just because it's dark, but because you can see the glimmer of hope in the people struggling (hehe) to survive in the terrible world that is "Berserk". The ideas and everything is just really enticing.

I hear the art is amazing, and from the few panels I've seen - I can easily say that that is indeed true.

And yeah the 2016/2017 one is majority cgi. he he

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.