Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Sailor Moon

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 01:26:30 )
I love Sailor Moon soo much ; u;
I'm currently rewatching it, the original.
I havent watched Crystal yet, but that's mostly because I can't get into the goofy art style though I here it gets better ; u;

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 01:37:28 )
@pixiebuns: Aww man, Sailor Moon was my childhood! I remember waking up sooo early just to catch it, and Pokemon. XD

I haven't rewatched it yet, but I did try getting into Crystal. It just wasn't the same for me, though. Have you ever seen the Japanese version? There's quite a few differences aside from the voices. There were a few lost eps and scenes.

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 01:52:52 )
@Dowan: Saame! I love it so much. Crystal wasnt the same for me either, but the art is what really got me lol
I havent seen the japanese version, i would love to though. hulu doesnt have anything more than the first two subbed.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 01:57:38 )
@pixiebuns: Ah, yeah. It's so hard to find anime... and especially if it's really old like Sailor Moon, with a ton of eps. My current long-term addiction is Detective Conan.

Finding all 800+ eps has been a nightmare in itself. XD

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 02:01:59 )
@Dowan: Yeaah it is. It's the re dubbed version so it should be better than the og english version.
I loved that show! It's called case closed in the us version right?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 02:04:25 )
@pixiebuns: Yup! They only dubbed like... 2 seasons that I'm aware of, though. I've been trying to watch it subbed, and I've gone through about 750 episodes already. Some may call me a little crazy. >.>

I actually wasn't aware there's a redubbed version. How does that work? Did another studio get the license and release its own version?

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 02:15:08 )
@Dowan: I wanna watch it now. I used to watch it all the time when it was on adult swim.
Thats soo many! I dont blame you though, it's an amazing show!

Mhhm.. I'm not really sure tbh. But they got rid of luna's british accent and whatnot and it's apparently closer to the japanese version

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 02:18:30 )
@pixiebuns: Haha, it really is! I just love the story eps, but there is a metric... ton of filler. Like Bleach level filler. XD

Hm, I may check it out then. One of the reasons I haven't rewatched it is actually because of how they changed Sailor Moon's voice about... 13 eps in? My younger self didn't feel it as jarring a change, but now I can't stand the second VA they chose.

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 02:32:06 )
@Dowan: Oh jeez. So MUCH FILLER.
You should c: Her voice is still meh in the new one but eh. its pretty good.
i have watched like four episodes today so far since posting this thread xD

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 01:18:24 )
@pixiebuns: I love Sailor Moon! i watched alomst all of the original anime when it was on in the States. Rented all of the movies from Blockbuster at least 3 times each.... 'DO YOU BELIEVEEEE IN THE POWER OF LOVE!!!!' X'D

Who was your favorite character? doesnt have to be one of the Scouts. Mine was Jupiter because she was always perceived as the rough person but she really was kind and nice, and Saturn because she wasnt inherently bad just was forced to be.

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 01:26:35 )
@DeimosPoe24: i love both of those characters! i really feel jupiter because of her tough yet caring personality. i guess the only hting we dont really have in common is the obsession with boys xDDD
i LOVE saturn. poor little bby. i also love luna. ; u;
ack, so many characters are soo great

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 01:33:20 )
@pixiebuns: IKR?! and while i hate to make this comparison because both are different but equally great shows. Sailor Moon can sorta be called the precursor to Steven Universe

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:18:53 )
SERA MUN!! dun dun dun dun dun...
I kinda liked the Portuguese dubbing xD
I remember only one of our friends had cable, so she recorded at home and then the VHS *cough old cough* was passed through the group.
My favorite was Ami Mizuno, since I've always been a nerd.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:20:45 )
Yeah, Ami was always my favorite as well. There was just something about her personality that was so endearing. And her appearance was adorable.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/19 22:58:56 )
I vaguely remember seeing clips of it when I was younger. But not much memory of the actual show. It is on my list of things to watch tho
hey i'm Jessi.

my friend cnts made the pixel

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/20 01:20:24 )
I love Sailor Moon. I rewatch it allll the time. Who are your favorite scouts? I like Uranus and Mars a lot.

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 21:15:44 )
@Sass Pegasus: you should watch it! it's really gooood.

@Neko: me tooo ; u; i love Saturn. And Pluto's pretty cool. idk. I keep watching it and I just love all the sailor scouts xD

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/22 23:42:18 )
@pixiebuns: I've always been more into the outer scouts o:

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/24 20:05:44 )
I haven't watched Sailor Moon, in a long time
I miss it, so I guess that makes mea bit sad
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/30 03:03:56 )
@Unicorn: you should watch it. its on hulu if you have it c:

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.