Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Does Your House Make Any Noises?

Voltie — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 20:57:43 )
I live in an apartment, but the building seems kind of old. There's always sounds coming from any of my many neighbours. Chatter, doors being pulled open or shut, toilets flushing, banging, dogs barking, etc.
I've always wanted to lift a large quadraped over my head

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:25:56 )

I love coming back and reading this thread ♥-♥
Thank you all for all of your spooky (and mildly vexed) additions.

I think the scariest EXPLAINED noise I ever heard was back at my old house that I grew up in.
We lived in a small, six-house cul-de-sack waaay in the middle of nowhere. We had a gas station up on the corner,
but you still had to drive a good twenty minutes to get anywhere near our town. We were surrounded by woods, all except
for a big field that sat immediately to the right of my house, just past an empty lot of field and a line of trees, almost like for privacy.

One night that I distinctly remember was within the first few weeks that we moved in. I was sitting in my room, watching TV and playing
my Gameboy. My room was the furthest right of the house, the closest to that big field. It was probably a little past midnight when I
heard the most spine-chilling, blood-curdling scream I have ever heard from a woman. I really thought someone was just beyond the
field getting murdered. I went and woke my parents, but the screaming stopped by the time I had the courage to get out of bed,
and they didn't hear it again that night.

It wasn't until me and the only other two kids in the neighborhood were messing around in the strip of "privacy" forest that I saw
a fox for the first time. And then learned what their call sounds like. It became another country-living sound, and I got used to it.
But I never forgot that first time I heard it @-@

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.