Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 19:57:53 )
Hello there! I'm new here,but not to avatar communities. I was originally from Ernya and tried to login last night after a long time of being away (years),only to discover that the community was gone. So here I am! I tried the name Castiel because I couldn't think of much else,and luckily for me,it wasn't taken! I'm a 32-year-old male who enjoys reading,writing,drawing and listening to music (among other things).

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 20:13:57 )

@Castiel: Hello! Welcome to Voltra. I had a similar experience with trying to go back to Ernya only to find it gone

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 20:24:55 )
welcome to voltra! hope you like it here.

hello again

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 21:04:45 )

@Castiel: hi welcome. I used to be on Ernya too. I still miss Ernya. I think you will like it here though. Lots of us used to be on Ernya and Solia.

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 21:10:53 )
Thank you! I miss Ernya too,but I like it here so far. There are a lot of items and the customization is really great. I think I might have been on Solia too. The name sounds familiar. I've been on quite a few different avatars sites. I also really like the fact that we have the option to display our pronouns!

@Starlight Thank you! That's sad. I miss Ernya,and was pretty surprised to know it isn't there anymore.

@Kegs Thanks!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 21:28:27 )
@Castiel:
Love the name and avi! welcome to voltra!

Come join me at my lil
&

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 21:37:01 )
@Alicethemadhatter Thank you very much! I thought for sure the name would be taken,but my gut told me to try,and I'm so glad I did! I wanted to go super cute avi wise,but it's still a work in progress I think. But I'm happy to know it looks good so far,so thanks!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 21:40:25 )

@Castiel: me too! It’s such a great idea!
The community here is great too.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 21:46:12 )
@Totalanimefan It really is! Seems like a very nice community! The first avatar site I was on was Gaia. It kind of went downhill after a while due to some toxic users. I just stopped logging in after a while.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 23:29:30 )
@Castiel: hello hello! Welcome to voltra ^_^
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 00:13:30 )
@Castiel: Hello fellow ernyan! Enjoy the site ist pretty! And the comunity is nice!!!
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 01:14:27 )
@Laufeia Hello! Thank you very much!

@Miss sandman Hello there! Thank you! It's very pretty,and everyone seems really friendly!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 20:33:33 )
@Castiel: hello! Welcome to Voltra!
I used to be on Ernya also, I still miss it. But I’ve found a new home here, I hope you do too!
I’m also 32. XD

What genres of reading/writing do you like best? I’m a supernatural/fantasy person mostly. Sometimes dystopian or sci-fi.

I do digital art (when I have the time), what kind of drawing do you do?

Also....
If you haven’t yet, check out the newbie guide: https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/969

And the item museum lists all the older items and shows what they look like: https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/3712

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 00:17:37 )
So sayeth the angel. @Lina:Hello there and thank you! So far,everyone here is really nice!

Reading,it's mostly fantasy and horror (Anne Rice,Stephen King,Edgar Allan Poe). My writing tends to navigate toward horror as well and dystopian in some cases. It seems like we have some genres in common !

That's awesome! I just do pencil and ink on paper. (I think it's called traditional art,but I'm not sure?)

Thank you! I'll check those out!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 01:02:44 )
@Castiel: I liked Anne Rice’s vampire books, but I typically consider vampire books more supernatural than horror. They aren’t really scary or anything.
Poe is amazing! I got a complete works book, but so far I’ve only reread ones I already knew. >.<

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 01:22:01 )

hello and welcome to voltra!

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 02:02:26 )
So sayeth the angel. @Lina:I've only read the first four in the series (haven't gotten my hands on the rest of them yet). They definitely aren't scary. Not much in the horror genre scares me (I think I've seen so many horror movies that I'm desensitized to it),but Pet Sematary (the book) scared me during certain parts. It was a lot more detailed than the movie.

Isn't he? Do you have any favorite stories/poems of his? I love The Raven and The Telltale Heart. A complete works book sounds amazing!

@inatlaka: Hello and thank you!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 02:57:30 )
@Castiel: I got like halfway through Memnoch the Devil (Anne Rice’s vampires 5) but a huge portion of the book is a long monologue from the devil about the earth being created and the beginning of time. I just got bored and stopped reading..

I love The Raven and Telltale Heart, And also The Pit and the Pendulum, The Black Cat, Monkey’s Paw. There probably isn’t a thing he’s writing that I wouldn’t like!

Donator — He/Him. Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 06:58:40 )
So sayeth the angel. @Lina:I probably would have stopped reading at that point as well! I like the other books because they focus on her characters.

I haven't read those,but I wouldn't be opposed to checking them out. I admit that I sometimes have to look up the words he uses or the contexts. But that's fine because I love learning new words.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/4 08:11:18 )
@Castiel: anything written before like... the 70s or 80s and I sometimes have to look up words. Language just changes so much over time! Poe has amazing rhythm to his words. It’s often like a poem or song almost. But I think sometimes that means he picked odd words so they would fit the rhythm. XD
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.