Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Disney Princess Half Marathon!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 02:52:33 )
So, about a year ago, I posted about a Disney Princess Half Marathon and how I was going to do it...

Well,

I DID IT

I've never even done a 5k before, but I finished that half and was so proud of myself.
My time was 3 hours and 29 minutes. My goal was to get 3 hours and 30 minutes. I came in under my goal XD.
13.1 miles in 3.5 hours

The most I'd ever done in one session was 6 miles prior to this race and that was only once. I was so afraid that I wouldn't make it, but I pushed through and had literally thousands and thousands of people behind me. I was worried because throughout training, I would cramp up within one mile. I did end up getting leg cramps, but I ran through them and they were gone by mile 4.

It was amazing. I had no idea what my body could do.

Not the cutest pic, but c'mon! I'd just ran 13.1 miles and I was waiting for the bus back to the hotel. XD

I saw this cute shirt that I wanted, but I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to finish the race when I saw it. I thought for sure i'd be swept, but I wasn't and I bought myself a present for finishing.

Aaaaand here is a mid race pic of the castle we got to run through. It was hard to get a good angle and get the castle in. XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 03:07:00 )
@koneko: Thank you!
I would 100% do it again. After I ran through the leg cramps, I felt pretty comfortable. I even went to Magic Kingdom after the race and walked around for another 7 miles. XD

It was not a totally competitive run. So the "elites" ran first and those are the ones that were actually competing for a time, but the atmosphere was so supportive and uplifting. There were people of all shapes, sizes, ages, and ability. I joked that I was running with 20,000 of my closest friends.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 03:30:55 )

@Mousy: wow congrats! That’s not easy to do.
My lazy ass thought you watched a ton of Disney movies in a row when I read the title lol
(And I even knew about this race lol)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 03:44:54 )
@koneko: XD
@totalanimefan: Friends.... That marathon will be in 2 weeks when I'm off work for a week.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 03:58:15 )

Yessss!! Also your running outfit is tooooo cute! <33

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 04:00:54 )
thats so awesome
i love how it is themed, and there are disney princess merch
this is such a great idea to combine interests and get people to do things they otherwise might not have

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 04:17:30 )
@koneko: It would have to be a random drawing. I can't pick and choose from my girls like that. It would hurt their feelings.

@Bonnie: Thank you! There were some really great ones out there. So. Many. Tutus. One guy was dressed as snow white too and had gathered himself an army of other snow whites to run with. His 7 dwarves found me and asked if I'd take a pic with them because he was too busy with his little army. XD

@boyrrito: It's an entire weekend event! there's a 5k the first day, a 10k the second and the half marathon on the third day. It truly is for every one and every ability. I just decided if I was going to Disney, I was gonna go big. XD They have other run events too. Star Wars, Wine and Dine, and a generic Disney themed weekend that includes a full marathon along with the princess weekend.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 04:35:03 )

@koneko: Haha glad I'm not the only one.
@Mousy: You deserve it!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 05:30:23 )

@Mousy: oh wow XD that’s epic though!

bloop

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/26 05:59:07 )
Thats awesome! My mom use to do 10k marathons all the time
mean while, I get exhausted doing any running at all

I do however, one a weekly basis walk about 60km while working, plus constantly lifting heavy items, so that i my main work out now a days
Non binary | Pansexual | Taken
02/06/20

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.