Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Spotify fiction

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 15:42:18 )
I just discovered spotify has an entire spoken word category. I was already somewhat aware that they had podcasts and poetry, but I recently found an adorable podcast-fiction series. The one I found was called a tale of two princes... And while the writing was a bit below average, I was quite charmed by the old timey radio show feel. Sound effects, music, dialogue... It was a great way for me to ease past my usual Tuesday morning migraine. It reminded me of my old war of the worlds tapes I used to listen to as a child.... Plus it hinted toward lgbtq+ representation, which I'm all about.
Can anyone here recommend and good fiction on spotify? They have a lot of classics, but it seems more like audio books than radio shows... I'm also quite willing to listen to fiction from places other than spotify. I think it'd be a great background for when I art.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 16:57:02 )

I really like the concept of this and I've wanted to check it out, but I need to get caught up on some of my other podcasts before I start another thing. It does sound super fun though and is a medium that really hasn't been utilized as much as it could have in our generation.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 18:19:21 )

Oh that’s cool. I didn’t know about that.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 19:04:25 )
@Priestess of Pie: I agree, we need more of this medium. I used to enjoy welcome to nightvale for the same reasons. It took you out of your reality and into your imagination. Other media can spark imagination, too, but none tend to do so quite as nicely.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.