Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing {IC} A Pirate Is Free - 1x1 RP with Shadami

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/18 09:12:10 )

Lisa tapped her riding boot in the sand absently as she eyed the approaching storm. It presented several options to her for her current predicament. It was likely, if her family had already noticed her absence anyways, that a search was underway for her. Would they already know that she had been taken to sea was the question. If they realized that yes, she had been taken by pirates and not some opposing delegate or a random rogue, they would be out looking.
But she often took long riding sessions to be away from the dull and boring court blatherings. They wouldn't have noticed until a meal gathering. So perhaps.... Perhaps she could pull off an escape from two problems when the storm hit.
"Ah yes, a search party. There are probably..." Her voice trailed off as she turned from the horizon to reply to Zek and realized he had already walked quite a bit away. She hesitated watching him. He wasn't worried about her, or fawning over her. That was new.
A small smile tucked the corner of her lip up. It was refreshing. She quickly hid the genuine smile and trotted after him to catch up. For her plan to work she needed to actually be on the ship, no point in running now. Well... Swimming. Internally she chuckled at the slip up while she caught up.
"So, first mate Zek, do you pirates have spare clothes?" She asked as she caught up, "I'd like to get out of these riding skirts."

Edit:
Oopsies forgot to ping you. Glad you replied to this. Reread it all and went ooooo I really enjoyed this one!
@littlewhitedragonlet:

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/24 02:50:03 )
Humming, Zak tried to recall what clothes they had, if any, that would even fit her. She was shorter than pretty much the whole crew, save the new kids, and the few women abord the ship were uh. Curvier than her, and more muscular. He stopped to take a good look at Lisa, tilting his head and eyeing her up.

Well, I may have some older clothes of my own that may fit you, though the sleeves may be a bit long. He smirked slightly, adding on, ”Of course, we do have a couple dresses laying around, but ah. They’re probably not nearly enough fabric to suitably cover your highness.” The girls hadn’t always been pirates, though the type of life that lead to piracy was rarely a pleasant one. Besides, sometimes they liked dressing up to fleece landies when they were in port for a while. Some of the guys, too, though mostly they just walked around with their shirts all the way open or gone entirely.

Hopefully when they next made land everyone would get the opportunity to play as much as they wanted. This wasn’t one of the Captain’s best arrangements, but at least it would give them all the chance to breathe. The year had not been kind to their ship, either, and she badly needed some repairs before they took on anything more challenging than a retrieval mission.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/28 11:33:54 )

Lisa kept pace with Zak as he started humming as she waited for him to answer. She was just starting to feel like she was being ignored when he turned to look at her and gave her a look up and down sizing her up.
Her face scrunched up in pure annoyance thinking he was doing what all her suitors always had. She was sick of people like that. She opened her mouth to shoot insults at him when he finally replied and snapped her mouth shut again as a blush darkened her cheeks. She had almost been to hasty. He was actually attempting to help her get some clothes to change into and was thinking specifically of what might fit her.
She swallowed, ready to thank him, humbled a bit by the change of the norm she was used to. When he continued, her feisty came right back. "Your clothes will do just fine thank you. I don't need a million uncomfortable layers like other nobles, nor do I require a dress." She crossed her arms across her chest feeling slightly insulted.
As they continued walking it slowly sunk in exactly what he had really said and her entire face paled as she realized her mistake. At least he hadn't seemed to be pushy her into choosing something revealing. She was sure many of her past suitors happily would have had they been able to get their hands on her.
Why would they even have dresses like that aboard! Maybe it had something to do with the name of the ship. Her steps faultered in their stride for a moment as she worried what kind of pirates she had actually been kidnapped by.
No. She had to try to go through with the escape plan regardless. It would truly change her life if she could pull it off.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/22 21:27:11 )
Zak watched, amused, as thoughts played out on Lisa’s face as she accepted. He cracked a smile, turning to continue walking back to the cave and wondering if she’d say something when she realized what he actually said. Ah well, she could continue with her snap judgements. It’s not like they really affected him, aside from maybe making the trip a bit more hostile than needed. They were pirates who had kidnapped her, it’s not like any judgements would be too harsh.

”So, do you have any ideas about why they went with kidnapping when arranged marriages are still in style?” He was curious, though part of that was curiosity and slight apprehension for his only likable family member. His sister was getting to that age; last he’d heard from her, their father wasn’t pushing for one, but maybe they’d gone out of style without him noticing.

Fae | 27 | They/Them
Please Always Ping!
RLC Commission Prices

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.