Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests bonnie's sweet dreams ~ open c;

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 12:31:31 )

@Totalanimefan: ah but still that should still be a nice job! I’m not familiar with how legal teams work but does it pay well?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 20:08:44 )

@Bonnie: I don't know the pay. It didn't say on the application but I know that this company pays well.

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 22:31:47 )

After how work went today, I'm considering looking for something new too >>;

Hope you get it @Totalanimefan: ! Is it similar to what you are doing now?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 22:34:31 )

@Booderdooder: What happened at work?

I think that the pay would be better since I'm a temp right now and they don't get paid as much.

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 22:38:43 )

@Totalanimefan: We had several people call out, so most of the time it was just me and one other person,
and the other person didn't know how to do anything, so I had to do my job, the job of the supervisor while
they were off doing something less pressing, the job of the people that called out, AND fixing the mistakes
of the other person with me. I was pulling way more than my own weight, and my pay definitely doesn't
reflect the amount of work I do myself and on behalf of everyone else. I was basically running the store alone.

No gratitude, no raise, no pat on the back for doing more than I needed to. I'm just tired of it.
I want to slack off and be useless since I'm being paid too little to make it worth working as hard as I do.
But I can't bring myself to look bad.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 22:41:21 )

@Booderdooder: Good for you for doing the right thing but F that workplace. Find yourself a new job asap. F them.

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 22:44:15 )

@Totalanimefan: I don't even make $13 an hour OTL and I work like I'm the manager.

I'm hoping if I stick around long enough, my intense work ethic will help me jump up a few positions.
I'm about the only other person that wants to move up the company ladder and make the big bucks,
so I think I have a pretty good chance for it if I keep showing I'm more capable than the role I'm in.

But also I wanna work with animals so bad. I'd love to be a groomer just so I can spend time with them instead of people.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 22:47:35 )

@Booderdooder: You should be able to work your way up, if you can't that's probably a sign that the company isn't very good.
That would be a cool job. You would still have to deal with the dog owners though.

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 22:52:56 )

@Totalanimefan: I have gotten one promotion so far, but only when I was dedicated to moving up.
I'm sure if I really wanted to become a supervisor, they would help me learn how to do it. They're pretty good about
helping people get where they want to be, at least. It's just that I don't really want to be a supervisor, because
it's even MORE work and responsibility that I have to have and there's only so much I can do by myself.

I can deal with dog owners as long as there's a dog. Even a customer at my current job is more tolerable if
they brought their dog with them lmao

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 22:54:06 )

@Booderdooder: haha then you could probably handle being a groomer. What's the pay?

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 22:58:23 )

@Totalanimefan: Not sure! My current place is pretty hush-hush about how much other roles get paid,
and I haven't looked much into grooming since there is only one place to groom at in my area.

I know grooming requires a license, and I'm not sure if I can take the classes for it on top of the community college
classes I am taking now. I'm kind of just coasting on this job while I get through school.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/11 23:01:01 )

@Booderdooder: Oh those are good points that I didn't think about before. I guess stick with it while you are in school :( How long until you are done with school?

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 00:38:33 )

@Totalanimefan: I still have quite a while
I'm in my third semester in community college, and then I have a transfer to a university for two years.

And that's IF I don't end up wanting to go for more than an associates degree (and I probably will).

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 02:34:17 )

@Booderdooder: An AA is super important, but so is a BA. You seem smart. I'm sure that you will be able to get both.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 03:26:57 )

@Booderdooder: I’m sorry you’re going through that with work D; that sucks!
@Totalanimefan: ooh well I’m glad to hear that so here’s to hoping it’s better for you!<33

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 03:40:16 )

@Bonnie: Thank you. I wasn't even thinking about the pay. Now I'm excited about what the pay could be XD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 03:54:56 )

@Totalanimefan: well to me know that I have bills I can quantify, how much I’m being paid is HELLA important to me xD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:42:11 )

@Bonnie: haha me too. I just know that this company is known for paying well and my current job is temping so I'm not really getting market rate for my work anyway.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 04:51:56 )

@Totalanimefan: it’s good you know your worth! I hope you do get the job! Do you know your hours?

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/12 05:03:50 )

@Bonnie: It would be full time. I don't know about the start time. I'm assuming 9am?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.