Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Anyone read tarot cards for fun?

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 23:54:02 )
Do you have a favorite system of interpretations?

I use the golden thread app sometimes. Today RNGsus warned me that I'm forging along without a plan and that there's likely danger ahead. ┐(‘~`;)┌ What else is new man?

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 23:57:09 )

I've been trying to learn but I'm not very good at keeping up with it. I also use the golden thread app fairly often. Today mine told me I'm starting a new journey while considering what's most important to me.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 01:35:26 )

There is a user on here that has a shop for it. I don’t remember who though ^^;

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 03:02:11 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I have three decks :D
Debating on opening a shop here

My original copy of Shadowscapes I got came with a guide book. A full size book. The replacement deck I got original got week, stuck together, and tore came with a booklet. Being my most used deck, it's my main guide. The other two decks also came with guides, and I use those guides, but one only was used a handful of times and the newest not at all

Put ya guns awn!

Voltie — she Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 03:38:29 )
I'm not normal...

i have a tarot deck...not sure about apps
lol wish someone would read for me instead xD
i haven't touched mine in over a year due to negativity i didn't want them to get any of that stuff on them.

I'm paranormal

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 17:39:58 )
@Priestess of Pie: did you start a new journey while considering what's important to you??

@Totalanimefan:
@echo:
yeah i thought i saw their shop a longggg time ago. but interpreting tarot cards is such a personal intimate thing. also i mistrust other people's minds.

@Kitalpha Hart: does the big book help? what are the most notably differences you feel reading from different decks?

@spookyfangula: sounds like there are people here who would be happy to read for you.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 17:50:12 )

@Eruca: Yes, but it's kind of an ongoing thing. Something I've already been doing for a bit.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 18:53:29 )
@Priestess of Pie: Wow Tarot DOES predict the present!

In other news, RNGsus showed me the Death card today.
I think it's a sign that I should start drinking more water. One of many. lmao

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 19:24:38 )

@Eruca: That's good advice for anyone.

But yeah, that's pretty much what tarot cards do. Tell you what you already know, but maybe you didn't know you knew.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 21:33:14 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Eruca: the big one goes in more detail and comes with stories, while the booklet is just description bits. Latter is good if I wanna be quick, but the former has a lot more and goes in more detail too

Shadowscapes is beautiful. And with the book, almost always easy to get a reading. Sometimes I get a combo I'm just "okay then" and have to work out
Manga is huge, plastic, and the readings are as sticky as the cards, from the few times I did read with them
Kawaii (yes, it's called Kawaii Tarot) is extremely pastel, very adorable, and I haven't had a reading with them yet, so I can't say how they read

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 22:07:29 )

@Eruca: sometimes you just gotta do you! Nothing wrong with that.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 22:33:28 )
@Priestess of Pie: if you didn't know you knew and then you did know that you knew, you still learned something no?

@Kitalpha Hart: the readings are as sticky as the cards? How does a reading have a sticky quality? -this is beyond my comprehension-

@Totalanimefan: yeah honestly.
I treat tarot reading and palm reading and the like more like therapy sessions than anything else. Probably only unorthodox in those words, but not as a thought.

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 23:47:01 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Eruca: they're hard to read. Most of the minor arcana don't have individual images, but are just the ace's background with the representative suit showing the number. Also, wands become batons and pentacles become coins

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 00:18:54 )
@Kitalpha Hart: you mean pentacles weren't coins??
TIL moment

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 01:09:15 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Eruca: Shadowscapes and Kawaii: wands, swords, pentacles, cups
Manga: batons, swords, coins, cups
I don't know how may other decks alternate cups and pentacles, but I learned pentacles first

Put ya guns awn!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 02:19:25 )

@eruca: You already know that if I didn't know that I knew and then I did know what I know, then I did indeed learn something new, you know?

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 08:00:41 )

@Eruca: well it makes you reflect and think about your feelings and outcomes. So it’s not weird.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Trash Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 08:05:51 )

Since 1103 posts.

Never have but it seems interesting!

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 03:05:56 )
Today I drew 4 of swords. Just what I needed tbh.

@Kitalpha Hart: pentacles and cups are often mixed up? Oh boy... Sounds like a fraught history type of thing.

@Priestess of Pie: lol too much knowledge for my puny brain.

@Totalanimefan: glad you think so too

@Alexis: it makes me pay attention to my inner voice. Even if it's indifferent most of the time.
Ping me

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 03:58:48 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Eruca: oh my god I meant coins and pentacles XD
#fail

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.