Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Recommend me Kindle book reads?

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/20 22:04:05 )
[Locked due to 6+ months of inactivity! If you'd like this thread unlocked to revive, bplease don't hesitate to PM a mod, or submit a support ticket. Thanks!]

i have today and tomorrow left to find some good books for my kindle. The trip that Im going will require me lots of sitting and waiting time so book recommendations would definitely help me get me sorted.

whats the best book (not too heavy plot) to read while waiting in a queue or i am stuck in bus/train?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 01:23:34 )
Do you mean not a lot of plot, or not too sad of a book?

My favorite books to recommend are Akata Witch and Akata Warrior by Nnedi Okorafor, if you like Harry Potter and books with magic.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 01:49:19 )
@athabm: I love any plots but something that is not something that require me to fully focus on because there are high fantasy novels like that. I need to be aware around my surroundings. I can accept heavy theme plots maybe when im at home.

something similar to light novel or like the most popular books eg: harry potter, deltora quest
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 05:06:47 )
That makes sense. The Akata books are set in present day Nigeria, like Harry Potter is set in present day England.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/28 08:27:12 )
I really liked the Legends of Muirwood series (there are a few Muirwood lines by Jeff Wheeler, but the one that really stuck for me was Legends).
I won't say they're the best books, and the later books are really sappy, but the first one is a kindof silly read at times.

Also the Old Kingdom books by Garth Nix are an all time favorite series of mine and I reread them at least once a year. I don't think they're too heavy, but they can be somewhat dark at times (appropriately so though considering the subject!)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.