Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat talking is tiring

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 03:57:29 )
i would comment on multiple posts forgetting that people reply and that i've just started a potential conversation
and i would sit there for five minutes thinking of a reply
i wish i wasnt so bad at talking !!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:00:32 )
talking is so hard how do u all do it

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:03:40 )
I hover in the forum page and stare at active topics |D
as long as you reply (eventually), I don't think you're bad at talking on here :>

e

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:07:18 )
I don't tend to ping people unless they ping me first |D
but directing things at people does tend to make the back-and-forth more apparent if you want to do that

e

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:07:28 )
I completely relate to this. Replying to people can be very draining, and it's even worse when multiple people are trying to converse with me at once. Like, I start to worry I'm taking too long to reply, and then I also need to make sure that I reply to everyone so no one thinks that I dislike them or something. I also sometimes feel like I'm just dragging out the conversation because I can't seem to end it properly, and then I start to worry that I'm boring the other person by not saying anything meaningful

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:11:04 )
I feel like it's worth noting that I'm now kind of worried that someone is going to reply to my post here... Yep. That's how it goes

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:13:57 )

@nut: It's hard sometimes, if you mean getting into conversations on Voltra just look at the most recent threads on the forums page. Normally people want others to post in their threads.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:14:02 )
Bioshock:
i say one reply and bounce.

that's what i do but when they reply i feel obligated to reply

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:18:47 )
ohhh I read this all wrong |D you don't want to get into long conversations haha

there's no pressure to reply!

e

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:19:16 )
Starlight:
I completely relate to this. Replying to people can be very draining, and it's even worse when multiple people are trying to converse with me at once. Like, I start to worry I'm taking too long to reply, and then I also need to make sure that I reply to everyone so no one thinks that I dislike them or something. I also sometimes feel like I'm just dragging out the conversation because I can't seem to end it properly, and then I start to worry that I'm boring the other person by not saying anything meaningful

thank you for putting all my thoughts into words dont feel obligated to reply to this hehe

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:21:46 )
eyry:
ohhh I read this all wrong |D you don't want to get into long conversations haha

there's no pressure to reply!

e

haha it's okay ! and thank u for the reassurance
when i don't reply i feel like i making the other person feel like they said something wrong (bc that's how i feel when someone doesn't reply to me haha)

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:23:48 )
Totalanimefan:

@nut: It's hard sometimes, if you mean getting into conversations on Voltra just look at the most recent threads on the forums page. Normally people want others to post in their threads.

ppl on voltra are so friendly but i still get anxious

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:27:17 )
aa i forgot you can do multiple quotes on voltra and i just did 5 separate comments for quoting

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:31:52 )
@nut: ah yeah sometimes it does feel like "oh my post wasn't interesting enough"

but also it can be a bit of an endless loop because there's no obvious cut off like a phone call or something

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:32:39 )

@nut: You can also ping people. Also watch out about posting more than twice in a row. ^^; (In the undercurrent you can post as many times in a row as you want).
Yeah sometimes it's hard to just jump in. I guess making a thread in the chit-chat forum works haha

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:43:09 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I sometimes reply once and leave, but if there’s a chance of a conversation, I usually get pinged. Or I’ll chance upon the thread again if enough people post in it after me.

You’re prolly not as bad as conversing as you think. Just don’t think too much about it.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:44:05 )
@eyry: sometimes i hope my post wasn't interesting enough so that i won't go into a conversation

@totalanimefan: thank you for reminding me haha i forgot pinging is more used here. and what happens when i post too many times in a row im too nervous to carry out a conversation in hangouts haha i guess ill lurk in chit chats

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:44:38 )
@tsundererra: aa thank u so much

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:48:16 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@nut: It’s no problem. ^^ I was anxious that I was bad at conversations during my first couple of months on here, but it turns out that a lot of people aren’t expecting you to hold a conversation if you don’t want to. Just reply to the stuffs you want and converse with the peeps you want. No one will get butt hurt if you don’t follow up with them over some light conversation.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:54:46 )
@tsundererra: tysm for answering all my question that i was too scared to ask

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.