Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk i am beginning to hate myself

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 00:42:12 )
@kegs: It's obvious. You are repulsed because you are systematically planning everything out. What romance is there planning a date with a stranger and meeting knowing they probably want you and that is all there is? You want romance! You want something that is spontaneous and not all planned out and rote. You don't like them because they aren't fun.

What was that old song? Girls just want to have fun? You need to figure out your own mind and follow the clues. Most dudes aren't fun. You keep meeting them like it is a chore. Why do you put up with that?
https://streamable.com/l8ysz

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 18:56:50 )

I'm a little confused; you say you can't love anyone and people come and go, but you also talk about your friends. Do you love your friends? Or are you just talking about romantic love? Because if that's the case, like Glume mentioned, aromantic people exist and that's not a bad thing. Dating and marriage, especially in the common/traditional sense, is not for everyone. If you have friends that care about you and whose company you enjoy, then I'd say you're doing all right. Romance on its own is ultimately meaningless. If it's your friends you struggle to care about, that may be a deeper issue worth exploring with a therapist. Either way, I get being worried about being "wrong", but don't let feeling different give you a negative view of yourself. You don't need to do the expected thing to be happy and fulfilled; you just need to figure out what works best for you, and if you do suspect you have a problem or are unhappy with the way things are, therapy and counseling and reaching out to support groups aimed at people in a similar situation can all be of some help.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 21:01:46 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I just want to say that you’re super successful to me. I didn’t know you didn’t finish college because you’re smarter and more hardworking than a lot of people I went to school with. Plus you have a good husband who loves you and lots of healthy friendships. That’s successful to me. :) There are people who have good jobs and make lots of money, but they are alone and miserable. Success is how we define it to be, and it’s so hard to do because your mind is your biggest critic.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 02:38:03 )
Can relate.

I have no suggestions, but here's some solidarity, for whatever it's worth.
Ping me

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 02:49:40 )

@Tsundererra: Your words are so beautiful! Thank you <3
I wouldn't trade my experiences or my husband for anything in the world. I'm happy with where I am in life. In around 2015 I felt like a huge failure because I didn't finish college (it's a long story) and I feel like because of the cost of living and the cost of college I can't go back. But, I would rather have people that love me in my life than a lot of money. I'm happy to say that because of Martin's and I's scarifies we are blessed enough to have a good life.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 02:56:46 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I just wanted to let you know how I see you in case your mind ever tries to make you feel lesser than you are. ^^
College costs make a lot of people stop prematurely, and even if it feels impossible, it’s never too late to go back if you wanted to. Just know that you don’t have to. You’re a wonderful person who will probs get opportunities thrown at them because of your work ethic and positive personality. A lot of people get their jobs from connections, even if they don’t have the degrees for it. Plus it’s nice that Martin makes that sweet $$$ and loves you for you. Ya’ll are a cute couple~

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 03:01:34 )

@Tsundererra: I did try going back to school in 2018, and I did a year of it but I also feel like for the first time in my life I don't know what I want to do? I know that sounds weird but I care more about the workplace environment then what I'm doing on a day-to-day. I feel flexible there. I feel like that's where temping helps me a lot.
Cause of Martin I'm set lol, but I did always think I would have a big job when I was growing up, but things change and the world has changed a lot since we were kids.
<33333

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 03:23:48 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I relate so much. T^T I also don’t know what I want to do career-wise right now. As long as you’re happy with whatever work you’re doing and it’s enough to help with bills, I think you’re fine where you are. You might also figure out what your next step will be one day (at least that’s what I’m hoping for).
Oof man, I planned to make sure I wouldn’t end up not knowing what to do as an adult, and it still happened. ^^; Life man.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.