Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk It’s that time again...

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 09:01:38 )
Ever have such a tight coil of shit going on that you feel constantly sick and sore? Pretty much me lately. I caught myself about to go off in a message on a friend because i have so much shit and no way to deal with it anymore. The one person i used to have to talk to is gone and sometimes it feels like I’m locked in a tiny little room screaming and no one can hear me and i just want out.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 12:17:41 )
Hey. You can talk to us <3 What kind of stuff are you dealing with?
I hate how mental obstacles can have physical manifestations. Like we don't have enough problems ffs.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 17:28:00 )
@Glume: just dealing with a breakup while in uni and working. Lately i have like, literally no time to just enjoy myself. Getting behind on things. Just huge piles of stress and i keep forcing myself to be happy and positive and then i just find myself randomly crying at things.

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 21:49:16 )

I send you a big hug!

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 22:09:20 )

It’s best not the force yourself to feel a certain way. Feeling are there for a reason and its about the actions that you do with those feelings. Take time to feel what you are feeling. It’s a part of the healing process.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 03:05:48 )
@Scribartz: Breakups suck no matter what kind. Its like ending a chapter of your life's story. Hopefully the next chapter will be as good if not better than the ones before it. But I agree with Totalanimefan. Feel those feelings, when you can. Crying and screaming can be so therapeutic. Put on some moody music and focus on you <3
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 06:10:59 )
@inatlaka:
Thank you!

@Totalanimefan:
@Glume:
Unfortunately with being in university, and then working at starbucks (whose always-be-happy culture can literally make this a reason to fire me.) i feel like i have no time. :( it just is kinda sitting on a backburner.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 06:18:59 )

@Scribartz: Yeah work and Uni isn't on your side there. What if you took 30 mins to an hour each day to just allow yourself to be yourself?

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 06:36:20 )
@Totalanimefan: the problem with me is like, if i am not all put together i have an emotional dam bursting and it’s hours of wallowing with 2+ days recovering. It’s why i try to not let myself slip up during the terms, like last Night i was a mess for hours and all day today i was barely not crying at work and my SM always says “you look so panicked.” Or “you look x way.” and it just gets to me more.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 06:39:47 )

@Scribartz: can you talk to a dr/therapist about this. I think it would really help you. Mine has helped me so much.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 20:25:32 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't have the time, nor the money to go to therpists right now. I go to my psychiatrist, and my doctor when I have to. Otherwise I'm constantly studying.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/25 02:47:31 )

@Scribartz: For me, I go an hour once every one week, so luckily it's not too much time. I hope that you are able to feel better.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/20 22:29:58 )
@Totalanimefan: Sorry it took me forever to respond to this. At the time I was in an emotional place and couldn't get my head to take the advice the right way.

Right now, it'd really hard to make the time or money to do those things. So I've just been doing what I can when I can to make myself happy. I do feel better now, but I do miss my ex, he was my friend for a long time. But I finally realized me and him were stuck in a super unhealthy cycle and plus, I may not even be... straight. So I mean... xD things happen for a reason! Hopefully this year just keeps getting better!
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/20 23:39:12 )

@Scribartz: no worries.
It seems like life is slowly getting better little bit by little bit. I’m rooting for you.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/21 02:10:35 )
I know this post was made a while ago, and my advice is probably late, but it might help later lmao

If one thing goes wrong, everything has to go wrong. I've experienced it frequently, and very recently myself.
It's hard to handle anything when you have to worry about work, school, personal time, social time, and any other obligations.
I always find myself going to work or class and thinking "you just have to make it through this day," EVERY day.
It's exhausting. I know how you feel. Unfortunately, in my experience, you have to kind of weigh what's most important to you.

School is more important than my job (which is saying a lot, because I obviously need money to go to school),
but my mental health is more important than my school. If it means dropping everything just to give myself a break, I'll do it.
Because when my mental health is sapped, my grades suffer, and when my grades suffer, I lose motivation to work.

If you're anything like me in this experience, it may be best for you to brush off one of your many things, at least for a day,
and give yourself some time to pick yourself up and dust yourself off. It helps to set priorities and then see how it makes
a chain reaction. You seem like you're doing MUCH better now and are rediscovering yourself, but I hope this helps in the future!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.