Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Trying new things!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 03:38:47 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@djinn: Omg, if you’re still in Japan, you need to try eel. It is 10000000x better than snake texture and flavor-wise. I used to splurge on the unagidon bentos because it was so good. T^T
Ironically, fugu is another food I couldn’t eat. xD My luck is so bad, I know I would be that rare death. I also passed on horse meat sushi. Nope nope nope.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 04:11:23 )
ahhh I like snails. I haven't had them lately, but I always had them growing up. well I don't know if count since they're not proper big snails. they're just the tiny ones haha that are in soy sauce. mmm sodium |D
they fall more under seafood I guess???

e

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 14:42:06 )
@Tsundererra: Idk maybe I'll try it one day . As long as I can't really tell it's eel, I might like it haha
Buying/drawing art for: Showstopper, Bouncer, Yes Dark Master

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 17:27:05 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@eyry: I’ve only had the small snails, and I’m glad they don’t look like snails when I took them out. Idk if I could do bigger ones. xD

@djinn: It def doesn’t look like what you’d think eel would look like. It reminds me of a kind of grilled fish. If you want to try a small one for cheap, get the unagi sushi from a conveyor belt sushi place like kura or sushiro. :3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/18 19:48:32 )
Recently had a whole crawfish boil. Bunch of drunk guys with seafood, sausage, and corn on a table to chow on. Great stuff lol
Been really wanting to try gator again! In WA so only time we can try it is food truck festivals and certain, faaaar away restaurants. Expensive, too

Any foods you're excited or always wanted to try?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 03:39:03 )
@Tsundererra: xD I like things like clams so it's just like mollusks all around I suppose

@McMoney: omggg yum crawfish boil :d

e

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:05:28 )
the original favored goldfish and i like them a lot better than the cheddar ones

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:13:20 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@McMoney: I’ve always wanted to try a crawfish boil, and there’s even a good place near me that does it, but none of my friends are willing to drop the money for it or they don’t care for seafood. ToT

@eyry: Haha, the texture does remind me of clams/oysters. I was expecting juices to squirt out when I first bit into it, but it’s solid on the inside (THANK GOODNESS).

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/19 04:16:41 )
@Tsundererra: I don't like oysters much actually. or mussels. and yes no juices. just a meaty texture

and ohh like abalone is very good. and that is just the general name for just large sea snails according to wikipedia xD

e

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/21 17:03:39 )
@eyry: Gotta get the boys together and do it again. Takes a lot of prep and some work but damn, it's so worth it

@Tsundererra:
Nooooo :'( I'd go with you, bro omg. Never tried anything like that at a restaurant but hey... Could always go alone too, treat yo' self B)

I totally know the feeling. All my buddies work when I'm off. My boyfriend doesn't like seafood either so that's a big oof

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 13:59:31 )
@McMoney: mmmm if you do, take pictures to share haha :>

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Voltie — Eevee/Eli Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 07:18:23 )
I've had that before and it was weird tasting!! My friend begged me to try snapping turtle one time. It was okay, but I told her I'd just stick with chicken.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 11:34:49 )
Wow, that's brave of you!
A lot of crazy things like that always taste like chicken, it seems.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 16:51:13 )
@Another Movie Addict: Aaaaaah gator. It's not bad as far as "unusual eats" go. Kudos to you for trying it (and kudos to everyone else who tries new things!)
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.