Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat lol what am i supposed to do in this situation

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/12 22:38:08 )

on another site, i commissioned an artist for a simple headshot. she took 4 months to get back to me with the finished piece and i had to remind her about it several times

she was supposed to invoice me on paypal and i've sent her my paypal email twice saying "PLEASE INVOICE ME" and she still hasn't lol. i don't have her paypal otherwise i'd just send the money over.

i was really looking forward to using the finished piece for something but is it bad to use it before i've paid even though i've pestered her multiple times trying to get her to bill me?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/12 22:48:45 )

In this case it is not your problem if she doesn't send you an invoice. So I would just go ahead and use it.

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/12 23:08:16 )

Yeah use it! She maybe is just to busy to send.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 02:28:43 )

@kiwi: no, she has nothing like that linked anywhere that i can find. i feel bad because it's a relatively expensive commission and i just want to get this transaction over with, i've already waited 4 months for the piece itself and now this is getting dragged out too.

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 02:44:47 )
opps sorry wrong thread

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 02:44:55 )
Wrong thread sorry
★~~Questing~~★

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 03:10:39 )

@kiwi: the only way i can contact her is on this other forum and... she logged in today! lmfao. her art is gorgeous though, i guess i probably should err on the side of caution here. i have a good reputation on the other forum among the artists (i commission a lot) and would hate for my reputation to be tarnished over this.

hello again

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/13 03:55:57 )
TSUN ★ TSUN ★ TSUN (≖︿≖✿)

@kegs: I sell my art for irl money, and I don’t think artists do the framed art theft thing... for one, the buyer always has more power than the seller it feels. Plus they’re not going to get anything from it, whereas the buyer lying that they never got the art gets them their money back if they file a complaint to PayPal (or whatever the site is) because digital products don’t have seller protection.

Use the art, and if by some crazy chance they or someone else says something, show them the screenshots of you asking for their info to send the money and tell them you’re still willing to pay for it.

(✿ ♡‿♡) DERE ★ DERE ★ DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.