Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 06:32:53 )
Had a 6.6 magnitude quake yesterday at 4:24am and the power on most of the island went out as a safety measure. My area doesn't have any damage as far as I know, but the southern part wasn't as lucky. Tons of photos of collapsed buildings, from houses to schools to churches, etc. Only 1 death for the time being. There have been replicas and such, ranging from 3.1 to 4.1.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 06:56:37 )
@Goblin: Yup, I actually woke up before each one started. And it really is impressive. It could have been so much worse. And I hope so too. :c

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 07:05:12 )
-__- Leave it to the news to do that. My brother's just grumpy because he hasn't slept for 48 hours. Complained that every time he was about to fall asleep, a quake would happen.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 07:10:36 )
He's tried napping, but he just can't seem to fall asleep. :/ Hell, I fell asleep around...2pm and I wasn't even trying to.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 18:21:15 )

I was thinking about you yesterday. I’m glad you are ok.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 03:20:23 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@LordLucre: I thought about you too. ): I had to sit in an earthquake simulator for a job orientation, and a 6.0 had me shaking up and down violently.
There hasn’t been much coverage of the earthquake because of the idiot in chief starting stupid wars, but the damage from what I’ve seen is crazy. Stay safe.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 03:37:24 )
ah, sorry that happened to you, glad you're ok.
Hangout: https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/8610

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 14:09:40 )
@Totalanimefan:
@Tsundererra:
@khadijacandy:
The damage is really in the southern part of the island since that's where the center was. Everywhere else is pretty much back to normal, except one province that got hit pretty bad.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 18:10:44 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@LordLucre: It’s good that the entire island wasn’t damaged, though it sucks for the southern parts. I didn’t know where the damage was concentrated because I read the power got shut off across the island. Man, I also didn’t know we had any fault lines anywhere near the Atlantic. Welp.
Glad you’re safe and back with us~

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 18:47:24 )
@Tsundererra: Some of my friends still don't have power back and other areas possibly might take a year. :/

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 21:03:34 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@LordLucre: Oof man, that is a long time to be without power. It sucks that this has to happen after you guys seemed to be finally doing well after recovering from Maria. x__x
Do you know if any aid has been sent from mainland US?

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 22:15:53 )
@Tsundererra: I think I saw something about Miami sending aid.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 02:06:40 )
Welcome back 😍

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 22:18:20 )
Aaaand we had another death. Woman was killed when a house collapsed on her. >.<
Lucifer's Pet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.