Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk My boyfriend doing it again.... Ugh!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 19:44:59 )

"So, this is kind of a rant and a possible advice thread.... So, the story is we been dating for a year and a half. We had a little bump in our relationship do to his father's illness and eventually death. It was a sad and yes, I gave him space. Now, after his father's death I expected mourning and I expected down time. I was there for him when he needed and we did have date nights.... And I thought over time it would be more frequent, but I was wrong. We had a great day in October with us doing our Halloween event. After that we almost ended things because he claims work and his home life was getting worse and busy.... I sighed and told him I understood and as long as he communicates with me, we will be okay. He told me things he didn't like, which I found some of it odd.... Like don't say I miss him or love him or anything about asking how he is, etc.... All of which I find normal but I thought maybe I was being too much, cause with anxiety can come with multiple text messages, but he claims to understand and laugh about it before. Like I told him, communication is key and just talk to me.

Thats all I ever asked! He does have a horrible thing of gaslighting me when I have issues, however I take it as him expressing his feelings and maybe on the phone its hard to be as understanding as in person. He speaks about always putting his top hat on and now I realize it just means put on his nice hat and act all nice and fake.... It's kind of annoying but whatever.... He is depressed I assume and still assume. He also claims he cried when he was thinking of ending things, however how he said it wasn't cause he loved me,... He cares about me and came off odd when he said it. I cried about and oyr relationship, he cried more so about not having time for himself and then he said time for me.... But it seemed fake or forced or I don't know.

After the conversation I was happy though. It ended with us joking and being ourselves again.... We talked about gifts and told me I should spoil him lol.... All joking.... I bought him a lit of stuff and said we can do everything after the holidays. Everything was fine.... Aim to now, he isn't really talkative.... Our last call depressing and all he been writing was good morning and good night.... Nothing more. No answering questions or responding to anything I write. Ugh.... Now, I am in limbo. A part of me knows things maybe okay cause he would tell me don'r buy him anything, however it is also too late to say that. I don't know. It's only been like this now for maybe a week a half.... Feels longer but I looked back at text and noticed it was really a week and a half.

I don't know any more. I should wait for him to want to talk to me and maybe on the day offs he will. My one friend said that at least he acknowledges you and possibly feels bad.... but I don't know. Communication is lacking again/."

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 20:42:06 )

When my husbands mother passed all I could do was give him space. He came to me when he was ready. Hope things get better.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 20:42:41 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

So he's not putting forth any effort, and acts like you're being clingy when you're just trying to put in work for the relationship
Give him as much effort as he's giving you. Or drop him so you can find someone who will put the effort in a relationship with you

Put ya guns awn!

quest♤Shop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/5 22:02:47 )

I’m glad that you have been a good communicator.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 16:24:01 )

"Thanks! I been depressed lately and keeping things to myself. It has been hard. I talked to so many people about this yesterday and all similar advice. My mom thinks I deserve someone who communicates better. He has been but last two weeks its been nearly nothing. Yesterday he messaged me more but it was really nothing to get excited about. I think he knows. A lot of it was cause of work and his dad....I get it, I respect it but he needs to communicate to me what he wants and needs. That's all I ever asked. "

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 18:20:35 )
TSUN ★ TSUN ★ TSUN (≖︿≖✿)

It sounds like you’ve been trying to put effort in the relationship and telling him to communicate, but he’s just not putting in the effort. He might need more space after his father’s passing, but some of the things he’s said to you and the way he’s acting is shitty. Depression isn’t an excuse to be shitty (something I learned from my therapist lol).
I could be wrong, but it sounds like he wants out of the relationship, but keeps dragging it on. /: It might be healthier for you to break it off too, because damn, I have anxiety too and thinking about dealing like someone like him is putting me on edge.

(✿ ♡‿♡) DERE ★ DERE ★ DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.