Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Doll House - A BJD Themed Hangout

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 05:40:50 )
Work is eww. >.>

I would love a week off work. I don't think I could afford it though. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 09:05:44 )
We should have an international week off for everyone. xD No work. Just play.

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 01:56:43 )
I wish!
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 16:49:24 )
Yay! I was hoping that there was a BJD hangout on here.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 19:26:56 )
@Another Movie Addict: Fellow BJD lover, welcome! :D How's it going?

I took some photos of one of my girls last night and figured I'd share. :)

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 19:44:21 )
@Prodigy: Going good minus having to prepare for Irma. Looks like where I am might only get hit with an outer band, and it's expected that she'll be a cat 3 by the time she gets here. Other than that good, waiting for my boys new pants and shoes to get here.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 19:47:23 )
@Another Movie Addict: Good luck with Irma! I'm hoping the storm isn't as bad as they're saying it will be. :/
What pants and shoes did you get for him? ^^

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 19:50:46 )
@Prodigy: One pair of converse, one pair of bunny slippers (meant for American Girl dolls, but I think slippers should fit even if the regular shoes don't), and a pair of grey pants I found on Ebay (which I'm hoping is a reliable vendor). He's been sitting in keychain shoes and a pair of Moxi Girl pants for way too long. Just every time I go to buy him something nice to wear, something else comes up. Once those arrive though I plan on taking him out to a hiking trail and doing a little shoot.

My fingers are crossed that Irma won't be as bad as they say too. My house is surrounded by old oaks.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:00:07 )
@Another Movie Addict: I'm sure he'll look fabulous! Be sure to post pictures of him when he's all dressed up. :)
Yeah, with all those old, big trees... Let's just hope for the best!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:03:02 )
@Prodigy: I really should buy him more stuff to dress him up in.Saw some cute American Girl umbrellas that should fit an msd just fine. It's hit or miss when you use some of their items, but def cheaper and easier to find.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:07:40 )
@Another Movie Addict: Yeah, some of their props can be a bit on the bigger scale but sometimes you can find those special little gems that make it a bit easier. It's mostly furniture and larger props that work. ^^

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:09:49 )
@Prodigy: He has his own little hiking backpack, which funnily enough I got from Build-A-Bear before our location closed down. He also has one of those wicker doll chairs that I've been meaning to fix up as a faerie throne. Just been lazy about getting the rest of the supplies I need.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:19:14 )
@Another Movie Addict: It's crazy how you can find props and accessories practically everywhere when you start keeping an eye out. xD I have a couple AG accessories/props and some I got from Walmart/Target as well.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:21:56 )
@Prodigy: Pfft who needs those 100$+ props when you can just roam around Target, Wal-Mart, or hell even a thrift store. Found his pants and hoodie at a Goodwill got'em for 25 cents together. Too bad the Moxie Girl line didn't do too hot or they'd be a pretty good substitute line.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:25:48 )
@Another Movie Addict: Nice! I just recently got a big order in for some of my SDs. Lots of new clothes and a couple props. ^^ I also got some faceup and eye making supplies, so I'm hoping for a couple free nights so I can actually start using them. xD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:27:34 )
@Prodigy: Lol awesome. I should really buy my doll more of his own comics/manga. Found a cute doll sized yaoi on Etsy a while back. Was a cool find.
I'm too scared of screwing up to attempt doing face ups. Maybe someday I'll buy a practice head.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:34:26 )
@Another Movie Addict: That would be so cute! A tiny manga collection. xD So adorable.
Faceups are my favorite thing to do in the hobby. ^^ I started with my first girl back in 2012 but then eventually opened up commissions because I loved doing them so much.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:37:22 )
@Prodigy: One day I want to build him a room like some people do for their dolls, but that's a years down the road kind of thing.
I'd be too scared of buying the wrong things, something that'll eat through the resin or do something else terrible and awful to it.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:53:01 )
@Another Movie Addict: YES! Large dioramas are so amazing. <3 Plus they're great for photographs.
As long as you do your research and get trusted products I'm sure you'd be fine. ^^ Honestly, if you seal the head well and don't use oil stuff it's quite difficult to permanently damage a head. xD

Ping me so I don't ghost you by accident!
ART REQUEST

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 21:04:13 )
@Prodigy: It's not the daunting amount of research that worries me. It's the cost and space. The large dioramas are amazing, but they take up a lot of room. And well yeah the cost. Got any good places to check for trusted sellers? I don't frequent Den of Angels anymore.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.