Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Art Contest Opinion question!

Question: Should I add more?

• ADD MORE: 0 / 0 0%
    0% Votes
  • Nahhh, totally good.: 0 / 0 0%
    0% Votes
  • 100k grand prize? I'm in!: 0 / 0 0%
    0% Votes
Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/18 00:30:36 )

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/18 00:59:16 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Ooooh, I like Saeyra’s idea to give a participation prize. Doesn’t have to be something big (3k-500 volts) and it would prolly motivate a lot more people to join and not feel too bad if they lost even though they put in so much time/effort. But if you’re going to have a participation prize, make sure you have a rule to keep people from submitting half-assed art just for the free money. I’m not talking about the people who feel they’re not good at art, because dang, they spend a lot of time working on their pieces even though they lack the confidence and experience. I’m talking about the people who will draw a shitty stick figure or a low quality 2 second gag drawing of your char for laughs. :T I remember seeing something like that happen to a friend’s art contest on Gaia back in my teenie bopper days, and it was not cute.

You could cut the participation reward amount from the grand prize amount too since I think those amounts are super high (though it is nice you’re willing to pay artists that well). If you lower the volt amount, you could offer items or orbs/crates for the top 3 winners (they’ll still get volts, but like 50k and lower + an item prize or two).

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/18 01:06:31 )

@Tsundererra: That's fair.
Hmmm

I could ... possibly... drop it to 50k for the max + some ohms instead of getting the bundle? I dunno.
I like the idea of the bundle for couples. Lol.

Decisions, decisions! I have time though.

Definitely something to think about~<3
Thank ya for your input ^^

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/18 01:20:04 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Amber Lynne: It’s definitely a lot to think about, and I wish your poll worked so you can get some opinions that way. x__x Voltra is trying to stop you from having this contest.

The only downside I see from offering a bundle for the couple prize is that everyone will only try to submit couple art. Though idk if that’s a downside if you want more couple art vs individual char art. I would also suggest giving more of a participation reward to couple submissions too (prolly double what you’ll be giving for the individual one).

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/18 01:22:05 )

@Tsundererra: That's fair.
Hmmmmm

I honestly hadn't considered that peeps may favour one or the other.
I'm not exactly looking for couple images in specific.

Hmmmmm
I got lots to think about ~<3

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.