Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk How to deal with a facebook friends request

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 12:08:11 )

I wasn't sure what else to make of the title. Anyway I got a friends request from an old co-worker I used to friends with on fb. But something happened at work that made me uncomfortable working with him again. One was him confessing his feelings to me. The other one was him giving me a hug out of nowhere. The hug made my really angry. I also told him I did not like him. A while back on radio this woman said she has the problem where if she is nice to guys they always think she likes them. And I could so relate. A caller then said "Just stop being nice to them!".

Am I mean if I decline the friends request? I am not even sure what he want's from me.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 12:19:41 )
You could probably just ignore it. I've left friendship requests for literal years because I don't want to decline and don't want to accept.

If he confronts you about it, then that's also uncomfortable but you may have to tell him he made you uncomfortable.

e
and after love and loss and all the tears that I cried, I find that here we are in the future

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 12:31:30 )
@vengeance: oh yes being nice to guys can be really bad! Always ending the same way for me too! If i have such requests i always ignore them for a while than decline them
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 13:44:05 )

@vengeance: You are under zero obligation to befriend anyone on facebook or any other social platform - especially an old co-worker, and particularly one who makes you uncomfortable, pushes your boundaries, and who you're not sure what his motives are. Ignore him. Block him. And feel good about doing so!
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 16:33:20 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Decline, don't know this person

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 17:18:42 )

@vengeance: oh man! I know that feeling all to well. I usually ignore the friend request. And if need to I will block them.
This one time some guy in the Aztec dance community added me. And before I use to accept every Aztec dancer that adds me.... well not anymore. This dude kept messaging and messaging. Until one day he sends me a message saying why do I take so long to respond to him..... I do not reply and delete him fast. He then continues to send me a bunch of messages saying why did I delete him he thought we were good friends.... And I have never even met this guy. Or spoke about any friendly things. I just answered simple art questions. {I was being nice}
A week goes by and he sees me at a ceremony and I avoid him at all cost because I felt attacked by him.
Later on after that ceremony he sends me more messages saying how he saw me at the ceremony and to please talk to him and why did I delete him! bla blah blah......... I blocked him. And I have blocked many doods mostly. I'm very paranoid after that. some guys really never met a nice woman before jajaj.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 17:27:31 )

I would ignore it. Don’t decline don’t accept. Just leave it in limbo forever.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 17:56:22 )

Thank you all. I declined the request.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 00:38:24 )
I usually just ignore the request until it goes away or sits in limbo forever. I’ve got a good 20 people in limbo 🤣

I’m glad you found a solution!
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 01:34:18 )
I think it is very strange they are called friends. It really cheapens the term. So many people expect you to add them like it is nothing. I am glad I don't have a Facebook!
https://streamable.com/l8ysz

Donator — Trash Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/13 00:35:39 )

Since 1103 posts.

You've made it clear that you don't like him so you've already set that boundary. Its not mean to decline in my opinion, but as others have mentioned you could always just ignore it if you don't want to decline it.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/20 17:31:24 )
No one is ever under any obligation to accept a friend request. No need to respond in any way.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.